Jason Witten is playing great

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so long as he is accepting that limited role of being a fifth wheel. you want to see the ball going thru the top 3 of coop, gally and cobb first ...

then witten can pickup the sloppy 2nds... he's still playing much more than jarwin who you see only once or twice in a game - i think he'll play 40 snaps to Jarwins 20 snaps, ,,,and the GOAT will do his best work in 3rd downs and red zone. Dak has went to him in red zones in every one of the past 3 games,
and this won't stop any time soon i think,
It reads like Witten has a history of demanding the ball be thrown to him. He was a prime target for Romo but has never approached the level of a wide receiver diva in my opinion.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I think it was a Monday night game against Philly. Dak Prescott pulls A clastic Tony Romo spin out. Hits Jason Witten for the touchdown.

I remember when there was only 11 secs. left and we were at the 40 yard line of the Giants. Then Romo rolled out and hit Witten deep. We won that game with a field goal.

He was doing magic with Romo. Now he's doing magic with Dak.

The NFC East will celebrate once Witten really retires and never plays football again.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I remember when there was only 11 secs. left and we were at the 40 yard line of the Giants. Then Romo rolled out and hit Witten deep. We won that game with a field goal.

He was doing magic with Romo. Now he's doing magic with Dak.

The NFC East will celebrate once Witten really retires and never plays football again.
QuerulousBasicAustraliancurlew-size_restricted.gif

jrumann59

Reaction score
No, Witten was covered. Had the defender came up to stop Dak than Dak would hit Witten. The defender stayed with Witten so Dak took it in
This, they ran this play in the last 2 weeks so defender stayed on Witten but in doing so left a lane that Dak could exploit, sort of like a long option.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
This, they ran this play in the last 2 weeks so defender stayed on Witten but in doing so left a lane that Dak could exploit, sort of like a long option.
Now when we run this same play defenders are going to hesitate or try to bring a safety or LB to help and leave the middle wide open. This play is ran pretty often in the NFL by every team with success, Dallas only started running it this year it seems like.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Frankly, here’s hoping he comes back next year also... 5M/year is just fine with me..

He’s flat-out effective, and all you Witten doubters/haters need to chow down on a pair of tube socks!!

D9CI7LKXoAAP4lZ.jpg

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I saw a lot of posts being negative about Jason Witten coming back before the season started.

To me he looks to be playing great and seems to fit in very well with what we are doing this year.
:hammer:yeppers& the #82 would've had his third t.d. in each game played thus far had that ball arrived in the optimum Stride of that narrow window he'd professionally presented for a guaranteed T.D. to the quarterback( dude was fixin' to be swarmed with 3 fins )& been there just about 1/3 of a second soonero_O

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Frankly, here’s hoping he comes back next year also... 5M/year is just fine with me..

He’s flat-out effective, and all you Witten doubters/haters need to chow down on a pair of tube socks!!

D9CI7LKXoAAP4lZ.jpg
,,,Er,,, tube socks stuffed full of severed demon dongs would've been much more effectively illustrative,just saying,bro:thumbup:

* maybe you ought'ta start taking notes,as I just ain't always gonna be around,ya know?o_O

willia451

Reaction score
Witten is a freak of nature. I mean, a lot of these guys are. But Witten is on a whole different plane of existence.

To be able to have taken the pounding over his many, many years and still be as obviously productive as he is at his age?

I will enjoy watching it.