Javorski Lane

joseephuss

Reaction score
I heard a radio interview yesterday my local sports station. The guy being interviewed was at the practices for the Shriner Bowl or whatever it is called. He said Javorski Lane weighed in at 295 lbs. That is huge. Too huge to be a fullback in the NFL in my opinion. They did say he had a nifty one handed grab on a bad pass during practice. Still he is going to struggle to make a team if he can't keep his weight down.

dmoore

Reaction score
I didn't watch him last year (but really, who watched A&M last year?), but a guy with his size should at least find a role on some team as a short yardage back. Too big to be a star or anything, but there's a place for him somewhere. If that doesn't work, he should put on a few and move to guard.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Lane has some good moves for a big man and faster than expected. Reminds me of Brandon Jacobs in that aspect. I wouldn't mind bringing him in FA or late round pick. Goodness knows we have plenty of them.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Jacobs was a relative unkown until the East West Shrine Game, which Lane will be playing in this weekend. Jacobs also had good workouts at the combine, running the 40 in 4.56. Keep in mind, Jacobs measured in about 30 pounds less and 4 inches taller than Lane, so if he can come close to those numbers, he might surprise and rise up the boards.

dmoore

Reaction score
Zimmy Lives;2576006 said:
The next Brandon Jacobs?

Jacobs has a freak body. He's big but built like a tank. Lane's a couple burgers away from eating himself out of the league. If he's 290 as a rookie, where is he 10 years from now? He needs to drop 30 lbs before I'd project him to have much of a future as a ball carrier. Is he even a good blocker to be a full-back? If he wanted to be a RB, he had 4 years at A&M to lose the weight. How's his work-ethic? The more I think about it, the less I like him, but I guess he could still be a goal-line/short yardage guy. I don't think many teams would want to waste a pick or a roster spot on a guy whose only going to get them 2 yards though. Where would we be if we had a guy like Lane as our 3rd back instead of Choice this season?

RESIN8

Reaction score
No way Heyward was 260 in this vid. As a Saint he had to be over 300 lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8ClBq0mNsk

I saw Lane in the Holiday Bowl and he didn't do much, but that was because Cal knew that TAM was one dimensional. I'm sure dude has shortyardage value though.

dmoore

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2576083 said:
Because of his weight or because you have seen his play?

Well, I didn't see him play this season, but I did watch him last year. I'd say mostly because of his weight. How could he possibly think playing at such a high weight was a good move for his career? He drops some weight and keeps his strength, he's just as effective in short yardage situations, while possibly having a bit more quickness. I just really want to know what his mindset was? In a big program like A&M, he could have gotten lean in their weight program if he put the effort in.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2579394 said:
295 is way too big.

If he stays at 295, he won't get drafted... even if he loses some weight, he's still hurt his draft stock by allowing himself to get that heavy...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
silverbear;2579404 said:
If he stays at 295, he won't get drafted... even if he loses some weight, he's still hurt his draft stock by allowing himself to get that heavy...

I agree...he isnt going to be drafted

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
trust me, i live in Lufkin Texas where Lane is from, some of his friends and guys who play football, says that lane is fat and lazy.

if that is his attitude, what do you think happens when he gets a check, even fatter, and no desire to really play

sure would have loved for lane to be the cowboys feature fullback, but even at 260 lane is still to big, he needs to be around 245 to 250, no bigger, he doesnt have a big body frame to carry weight of 300 plus.

on top of that remember the coach at green bay, that took over for texas a&m, if lane was any good, and in shape, sherman would have played him more

he is fat and lazy;