Jay Ajai

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'd rather have TJ Yeldon. Healthier with a better complementary skill set to Zeke.

Ty Montgomery is another interesting option at RB.

I'd love to see TJ here too.
He's content with being the 2nd guy... it worked out great in college.
But also, he's capable of 25 carries and 100 yards in spot game duty.
I thought he was going to be a star in the league... didn't work out that way.
He's one of the top backups in the league.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
No we passed on him in the draft because of his bad knees. He would not be a good fit as he is north south type runner. Doesn't really bring a different dynamic thank Zeke.

I don't want a different dynamic with a #2, I want a guy with the same dynamic with whom we can run our offense.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He will be ready to go

Dr. Mobinvans strikes again. Your insight into the health of perpetually injured players continues to be fascinating.

I don't know why the Cowboys medical staff even examines potential signees.

Reactions: CWR

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
To be fair this is an awful rb class
There is no Elliott or Barkley but to say it is awful is not exactly accurate. There don't appear to be any bell cows. But if you need a rotational or specialty back, there is nothing wrong with it.

Angus12

Reaction score
There is no Elliott or Barkley but to say it is awful is not exactly accurate. There don't appear to be any bell cows. But if you need a rotational or specialty back, there is nothing wrong with it.
Correct. But it doesn't have the shiny ribbons with bells and whistles at the top, so... You know...

The easily distracted are not impressed.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
At a minimum every draft class for every position every year offers "rotational pieces or speciality players."

Literally every class and every position and every year. What you just offered is pseudo intellectual meaningless verbiage.

With that out of the way when a position offers little high end talent and extremely limited athletic talent that position that year is awful.

This is remedial.

Yikes.

Last edited:

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Exactly. No back who wants money and touches is going to be a target.

why would you want to give him money or touches when you can probably get similar production out of a 5th rd back for a fraction of the price?

you want to sign someone with a name just to sign them. thankfully the FO is more intelligent than that

John813

Reaction score
Ajayi to me when he played in Miami was a volume back.
Was good if you gave him the rock 15+ times a game.
In his big games versus the Bills and Steelers in 2016, he had good games, but also had long runs late in the game to boost his totals. Usually in clutch time and not garbage time fwiw.

I stopped following him once he got traded. He and Gase clashed a few times, probably over play time and touches.

Don't see him as a good fit unless Zeke was facing another long suspension or had a lingering injury that would of kept him out for a portion of the 2019 season.

DRella

Reaction score
Backup RB should be addressed in FA on the cheap rather then wasting a draft pick on one. We still have Jackson in the fold as our developmental back. Wasting a pick on a RB when you already have a workhorse in Zeke is plain stupid. As free agency continues to move along, longer it goes cheaper it will become to net a vet back to compliment Zeke.

Use draft picks on positions where we actually are lacking for long term success (Safety, CB, LB, DL)

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Well...I know this much....I know the X-ray tech that took his x-rays on his knees while he was here @ Boise St. And was told...he has no cartlidge ...and he will need knee replacement surgery someday.

Question is ...if he has been this good w/o cartlidge in his knees...then maybe he's got a couple more good years left...if you monitor his carries.

If it hasn't bothered him too bad to this point....who says he can't play a couple more years. He's a good back. Runs hard.

I'd take him in a heartbeat....knowing your gonna have to monitor his use. But that sure doesn't seem to be the Cowboy way. They just like to run their people into the ground.