Jay Ratliff on Cowboys Cam - NFL Network

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Said he'd just hauled in a 50lb catfish with his brother when he found out he made the pro bowl.

Shoot got a phone call right when the segment popped up. NFL.com will post the vid later.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
there was a great piece in the program last week about Ratliff. He is a great player and a great guy.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2500451 said:
there was a great piece in the program last week about Ratliff. He is a great player and a great guy.
It's actually a pretty long segment (5 mins or so). I hate that I can't recap it. But the interview ran the gamut.

His PB selection. the other players. The T.O. drama. The state of the team.

Basically gave him congrats for being voted into the PB.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A good day for Jay Ratliff

3:41 PM Tue, Dec 16, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

Jay Ratliff was named to his first Pro Bowl on Tuesday, and the nose tackle caught a 50-pound catfish on Lake Lewisville with his brother, Willie, who graduated Saturday from Valdosta State.

"I was screaming and my brother was jumping all over the place, all over the boat," Ratliff said. "Then I got a text message and I didn't believe it. I had some friends who played a joke on me during the draft that said, 'Are you ready to be a Falcon?' on the first day of the draft. Of course it was a joke. But I called the number and it was official. It was for real."

Ratliff has a career-high seven sacks this year and he leads the defensive linemen with 72 tackles. He has a team-high 28 pressures as well as four pass deflections and he is tied for third with four tackles for loss.

Comments (2) Leave comment | E-mail entry

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
He better not eat that entire catfish because we need him lean and mean and in shape for Saturday night!

LarryCanadian

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
This just begs for a photoshop job. Ratliff doing the hulk thing with a big catfish between his hands. Someone make it happen. ;)

jchap

Reaction score
tomson75;2500592 said:
This just begs for a photoshop job. Ratliff doing the hulk thing with a big catfish between his hands. Someone make it happen. ;)

http://img120.*************/img120/743/ratfishll0.jpg

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2500890 said:
Man those look rats hanging from his hand.

They're catfish, not ratfish. But then again it is Ratliff and not Catliff. :p:

(sorry, I know it was bad.) :eek::

suspenceman

Jerry's kid
Reaction score
Ha, a 50 lb catfish doesnt surprise me in that lake, i live off of that lake in Lewisville (home of walt garrison). and right around the gas station in the water...there are the monsterous, biggest, nastiest lookin catfish you have ever seen, they look like seals.
congrats Mr. Ratliff!

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2500996 said:
They're catfish, not ratfish. But then again it is Ratliff and not Catliff. :p:

(sorry, I know it was bad.) :eek::

funone.gif