Jay Ratliff recap interview on Ktbb

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
just so everyone might want to know so you can listen to it live, jay ratliff is on every tuesday at 4:34 pm on ktbb.
I just want to win, this was a must win for us. Coming off of the bye week, I felt refrenshed, energized and ready to go.

We played at a team, and the team gave one big whole team effort, there were no indiviuals out there in that game, but soley a team effort.

Two weeks before this game after the giants game, i was discoraged and down as i could be, both mentally and physically, but the bye week refreshed me. I feel a win like this heals all wounds, any kind of discouragements you might have as a team or as players, even individual players. And you move forward as a unit, a whole team unit, and this is what this team did. So, if we do that as a team unit in every game from now on out, and play one game at a time, and one play at a time, this team will be ok.

In the first game we played the Commanders, they embarrased us in that home game, and everyone knew what we had to do to get back in this conference towards winning again. They knew us, and we knew them, we didnt really do anything differrent, but work on fundamentals, executions and doing your assignments.

Why and how i got the big sack, greg ellis, ware and chris were playing good and they forced the team to play me one on one, in the first game, they double teamed me a lot. Someone posted on this site, where wade used some 46 bear defense, to have the Commanders have to play the cowboys defenders on the front line one on one and not double team, this is what happened to some degree i feel.

Casey and the Commanders did double team me more in that first game than in this one,

yes, this game was a brawl. On getting to campbell their qb, wasnt any onething, we just executed better. Again, you dont want to give away secrets, so chris probably wont tell some formations, maybe some new wrinkles the cowboys might have used on the Commanders.

As far as pro bowls, i dont think about that awhole lot, i just try to contribute and win.

Some fan called in about how the defense dominated, and how the team would beat the giants. Jay said, were not doing that now, we are only focusing on one team at a time, and just the team we are fixing to play. You dont want to lose your focus and get ahead, smoaky pointed that out too.

About winning on the road or at home or home field advantage, i just want to win, thats the way i look at it, just contribute what i can and help the team win. I praphased alittle hear.

Mickey will come on at 5:04 pm just a few minutes, :star:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I'd say he was "locked in" that night.

http://img210.*************/img210/774/ch51sunnov162008d103222wu5.jpg

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;2428792 said:
your welcome, im trying to work on my recaping

cj, for the record, the recap was much better, and even the breathless ones are appreciated. We may make jokes, but it's the good kind of jokes.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
true DC, i want him (Ratliff) ready and fresh, hopefully Tank Johnson comes on too.