Jay Ratliff

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
how awesome is this guy? goes from being a 7th rounder to a starting undersized NT who is easily our best linemen.

ddh33

Reaction score
I don't think there is any doubt that he is the best D-Lineman on the team. Canty has always been loved here because he was a first round talent who slid because of his eye, and he's worked out so well for the team. Spears has always been maligned because he was the first round draft pick who hasn't given fans all of the sacks that they want...

Ultimately, Canty and Spears are both solid players. But I think Ratliff is much better than solid.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2277610 said:
That goes to show you the talent that the SEC produces... Ratliff is a beast!

He had a demarcus ware moment after the sack, powering up and pounding the floor lol. :D

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DALLAS D;2277638 said:
He had a demarcus ware moment after the sack, powering up and pounding the floor lol. :D
:lmao2: He didn't know what to do so he copied D-Ware. Hilarious.

Aikbach

Reaction score
He reminds me of another seventh round pick named Leon Lett because of his quickness and motor that compensate for being relatively lean and undersized for a nose.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
He's had a great start to the season.

Say what you want about Parcells, the man had an eye for talent in the later rounds.

Kobal

Reaction score
Love the way he play and his attitude. :bow:
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/ratliffroar.jpg

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I'm very impressed by him. What he loses in size he makes up for in quickness and excellent hand work. His shove and swim move is killer.

Plus, as a DL, if he can keep pressuring that way then teams will have to force a guard to help out with him, which will leave one of the tackles one on one with either Ware or Ellis more often. <3 that.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I agree Ratliff is a beast. But Canty and Spears are more than solid. Esp Canty. And Spears isn't that far behind Canty. Last nite's pressure reminded me of the of year's past.

khiladi

Reaction score
jobberone;2277817 said:
I agree Ratliff is a beast. But Canty and Spears are more than solid. Esp Canty. And Spears isn't that far behind Canty. Last nite's pressure reminded me of the of year's past.

What has Canty done that qualifies him as more than solid?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
khiladi;2277842 said:
What has Canty done that qualifies him as more than solid?

I agree that Canty is solid but Ratliff has been better for about 2 1/2 years now.

Thats not a knock on Canty either. Ratliff may go to Hawaii this year and almost went last year.

khiladi

Reaction score
CATCH17;2277859 said:
I agree that Canty is solid but Ratliff has been better for about 2 1/2 years now.

Thats not a knock on Canty either. Ratliff may go to Hawaii this year and almost went last year.

Actually, I haven't seen Canty do anything special. I'm disappointed in Tank, and Spears has been pretty silent, since starting off strong. Hatcher has done crap. Our secondary is clearly our strong-point, giving out defense plenty of oppurtunities for coverage sacks, but the only person really getting them is Ware. Greg Ellis gets them once in awhile. Ratliff is just wreaking havoc though.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
Ratliff is awesome. Totall disrupts the middle when he is pass rushing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
khiladi;2277871 said:
Actually, I haven't seen Canty do anything special. I'm disappointed in Tank, and Spears has been pretty silent, since starting off strong. Hatcher has done crap. Our secondary is clearly our strong-point, giving out defense plenty of oppurtunities for coverage sacks, but the only person really getting them is Ware. Greg Ellis gets them once in awhile. Ratliff is just wreaking havoc though.

To be fair they really aren't supposed to do anything special but Ratliff is becoming the exception to the 3/4 linemen rule.

When I watch our linemen Canty is usually containing/spying the QB and the other 2 are trying to shove the linemen back into the QB. They dont want to let go of their blocks on normal downs.

Its set up to where if the OLB's get pressure they dont want the QB to be able to step into his throws.

I honestly think they tell Ratliff to say screw all of that and just go get the guy.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ratliff has been special and a true steal for us. Love his motor.

Canty is a good player that is in a position where he will not get many highlights but he is still a darn good player.

Concerning Ratfliff and his yells and looking similar to ware.

Don't know how many of you have played Diablo II (not exactly the newest game out there lol) but when either of them do that it reminds me of the barbarian character in the game doing a shout.

Love both players.

Really liked it last night when ratliff did it as you could here it clearly due to the mics.