Twitter: Jaylon Smith having wrist surgery

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Rough crowd at CZ. They seem to not approve of Jaylon's performance in 2020. Dan Quinn's new scheme better help Jaylon or he'll be on his way out.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Rough crowd at CZ. They seem to not approve of Jaylon's performance in 2020. Dan Quinn's new scheme better help Jaylon or he'll be on his way out.
Quinn’s scheme really needs some LB’s that are smaller and faster than Smith and LVE. The shorter guys that he prefers (like Deion Jones in Atlanta) have more speed and a whole lot more change of direction than the taller, longer guys like LVE.

so, while Dallas has (in recent drafts) tried to find longer LB’s, the height tends to raise their center of gravity and hurt their lateral quickness and change of direction. I wonder what will happen in this draft with Quinn now because the LB’s don’t really look like his cup of tea. At least not the Will LB... and to a lesser extent the Mike ‘backer.

I’d love to get back to the smaller, faster LB’s like Jimmy Johnson used. They get to the sidelines a lot quicker than Smith and LVE do, IMO. They change directions more like safeties than the big, lurpey guys Dallas is currently using.

Joe Thomas is the only guy Dallas currently has that really fits that Will ‘backer that Quinn typically has.

Aven8

Reaction score
161 tackles. Imagine if he had two good wrist!..........

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
okay not one positive word about 54 lol. In all honesty, if they were drumming up a some kind of injury to explain the horrid play of his over at least the last two seasons, could they not have come up with one better than a wrist injury? Half the real NFL players play with ACL's ripped to shreds, broken arms, high ankle sprains, quads, hammies, MCL sprain, achilles injury, and on and on and on.....man his PR dept dropped their foot on this one

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Quinn’s scheme really needs some LB’s that are smaller and faster than Smith and LVE. The shorter guys that he prefers (like Deion Jones in Atlanta) have more speed and a whole lot more change of direction than the taller, longer guys like LVE.

so, while Dallas has (in recent drafts) tried to find longer LB’s, the height tends to raise their center of gravity and hurt their lateral quickness and change of direction. I wonder what will happen in this draft with Quinn now because the LB’s don’t really look like his cup of tea. At least not the Will LB... and to a lesser extent the Mike ‘backer.

I’d love to get back to the smaller, faster LB’s like Jimmy Johnson used. They get to the sidelines a lot quicker than Smith and LVE do, IMO. They change directions more like safeties than the big, lurpey guys Dallas is currently using.

Joe Thomas is the only guy Dallas currently has that really fits that Will ‘backer that Quinn typically has.
You don't think Francis Bernard or Luke Gifford fit that mold?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
You don't think Francis Bernard or Luke Gifford fit that mold?
They’re not really the kind of special athlete like Deion Jones or Lavonte David. So, while I do like some things that Bernard has (and to a lesser extent Gifford), I don’t think they’re quite what Quinn would want. At least not at Will. Bernard has instincts and toughness though, so maybe he’d be ok at the Mike LB spot.

I’m just going off of what Quinn has worked with at prior stops. Maybe he likes what Smith and LVE have to offer, but I’d like to have somebody closer to Jones at the Will LB spot, for sure.

All we can do is wait and see what they do in FA and the draft. It should be interesting.