Video: Jaylon Smith interview get your hate ready

MistyAnn

Reaction score
he's been disappointing, he's making the tackles but always after a good gain from the offence as someone was pointing out here. he's not the game recker you would hope for, but one hell of an athlete, if not Eugene lockhart.

RoboQB

Reaction score
He also doesn't lead our team in TD passes lol. He is the most productive player on our defense at his position.....it's not close

Just imagine how great he'd be if he could make plays in front of him instead of 10 yards downfield.
Or, if he could actually show a glimpse of reading the offense pre-snap and post-snap.
Maybe even take on a block to re-direct a play to his teammates.

Maybe we could trade Jaylon The Great in a defensive version of a Herschel Walker deal.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

:laugh:
@Zordon
Rollin over in his grave.

He lost me at "as an elite athlete and player".

Of course "Being the leader of the Defense, it starts with me..." I guess that means it starts 5 yards past the line.

"Run to the ball every play"

Thank God at the end of the year that they "gelled" and became such a dominant team, I mean we really showed the Giants!!!!

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I won’t hate Jaylon. He isn’t doing what other players of this organization have done and are doing. Getting paid for below average play.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
So to you the most tackles = the most productive. Why don't you just say, he is the team's leading tackler?

You're the one in 2016 that kept repeating we had a Top 5 defense in 2016 because you couldn't look past a ranking that was influenced heavily by ball control and unforced errors by the opposing offenses to see that ranking was a mirage. You just kept repeating "is it true or not they are a top 5 defense". Then the playoffs roll around and our "top 5 defense" got smoked because, despite the rankings, they weren't good, as many posters kept trying to tell you throughout the year.

You're doing the same thing here. You have fixated on a stat and can't get beyond it.
To me....to everyone lol. If you are more productive at what you are required to do at your position than everyone else on the entire defense.....logic. I get everyone on our defense sucked last season.....so Jaylon is the best of the worst. Coaches put our players in a bad situation IMO but I am not gonna call it like it really is just because the bandwagon fans think that jumping on the Jaylon hate train makes you cool....

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
To me....to everyone lol. If you are more productive at what you are required to do at your position than everyone else on the entire defense.....logic. I get everyone on our defense sucked last season.....so Jaylon is the best of the worst. Coaches put our players in a bad situation IMO but I am not gonna call it like it really is just because the bandwagon fans think that jumping on the Jaylon hate train makes you cool....
Are cornerbacks expected to be the team’s leading tackler?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Just imagine how great he'd be if he could make plays in front of him instead of 10 yards downfield.
Or, if he could actually show a glimpse of reading the offense pre-snap and post-snap.
Maybe even take on a block to re-direct a play to his teammates.

Maybe we could trade Jaylon The Great in a defensive version of a Herschel Walker deal.
Yea Jaylon just lucks up and somehow is top 5 at his position in tackles since he started playing.

And another thing.....why is all this hate on Jaylon when LVE made the same mistakes under bad coaching? LVE this pass season broke Lamar Jackson out of his slump by himself. He is pretty good at that considering that Kris Richard spent an entire game yelling at him his rookie season to maintain gap responsibility.

Even with that I do not blame LVE I blame coaching.....but LVE has made more stupid mistakes than Jaylon and its not close.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No they should lead the team in deflections and ints. Our CBs are garbage at that.....wouldnt you agree?
Yeah I would. Would you agree Jaylon is horrible at forcing fumbles considering how many tackles he has? (He forced 0 fumbles) And he should have more tackles for losses? And he should have more than 1.5 sacks?

He gets a lot of tackles as teams are driving the ball down our throat and rarely makes an impact play. His tackles that you seem to be so impressed with aren’t impressive at all.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Yeah I would. Would you agree Jaylon is horrible at forcing fumbles considering how many tackles he has. And he should have more tackles for losses? And he should have more than 1.5 sacks? He gets a lot of tackles as teams are driving the ball down our throat and rarely makes an impact play. His tackles that you seem to be so impressed with aren’t impressive at all.
Everyone on our defense is garbage. Jaylon is more productive at his job than any corner....lb.....tackle......safety.....de....for the last 3 season despite bad coaching. This is either true or it is not.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Everyone on our defense is garbage. Jaylon is more productive at his job than any corner....lb.....tackle......safety.....de....for the last 3 season despite bad coaching. This is either true or it is not.
Easy. Not true :lmao2:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It wasn't a question. I knew your answer and I knew you could not dispute it with facts.
You have brought zero facts to the conversation. You have brought an opinion that most tackles equals most productive.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
You have brought zero facts to the conversation. You have brought an opinion that most tackles equals most productive.
FINALLY someone asked why I said that!!!! lol not really but close enough. It's so obvious but you are blinded by the people in front of you on the bandwagon you are on lol. Remember I was the one that you were attacking on a statement that I made.

We only have 1 player that finished top 5 at their position in ANY defensive category last season. We only have 1 player in the last 3 seasons that finished top 5 on average in ANY defensive category at their position.
matthewlenix_star-blog_cowboys-lb-jaylon-smith-quietly-having-a-good-season.jpg

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
FINALLY someone asked why I said that!!!! lol not really but close enough. It's so obvious but you are blinded by the people in front of you on the bandwagon you are on lol. Remember I was the one that you were attacking on a statement that I made.

We only have 1 player that finished top 5 at their position in ANY defensive category last season. We only have 1 player in the last 3 seasons that finished top 5 on average in ANY defensive category at their position.
matthewlenix_star-blog_cowboys-lb-jaylon-smith-quietly-having-a-good-season.jpg
What do you mean finally? My first response to you asked if he led in any category other than tackles?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
What do you mean finally? My first response to you asked if he led in any category other than tackles?
lol that equates to you asking me why I factually stated that Jaylon was the most productive player on our defense?

tenor.gif

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
lol that equates to you asking me why I factually stated that Jaylon was the most productive player on our defense?

tenor.gif
Good Lord. I could have a better conversation with an inanimate object. Instead of being Rain Man repeating yourself, why don’t you explain yourself and expand on your point?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Good Lord. I could have a better conversation with an inanimate object. Instead of being Rain Man repeating yourself, why don’t you explain yourself and expand on your point?
lol what? I'm done. It's been like a week. You should have done some research man.....