News: Jaylon Smith Recalls The Turning Point In 1st Season When He Said, “I’m Back”

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith Recalls The Turning Point In 1st Season When He Said, “I’m Back”
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...ning-point-1st-season-when-he-said-“i’m-back”

...For his efforts to return and play at a high level, Smith’s teammates voted him their Ed Block Courage Award winner for the 2017 season.

“Just going through the experience and understanding how to play certain situations, understanding how teams attack you,” Lee said. “A lot of times you go out there and you say, I wish I would have played this play differently. It’s just a learning curve, and he’s handled it really well. For him to play as well as he has as early as he has, it’s a testament to his work.”

Smith said he isn’t having any further tests on how much the nerve in his left leg is re-firing.

“All that stuff is out of the picture. It’s just a matter of timing,” he said. “But I can tell you and my play can tell you from the past weeks that I’m back.” And the Cowboys agree with Smith’s belief that 2017 was just “the beginning.”...