RELEASED Jaylon Smith released

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I had a nice Rubicon, just couldn't fit in it so I got rid of it. I agree about the lake house, I've owned several homes on South Padre Island, it's a great way to chill. Enjoy!

South Padre Island? Just looked it up, wow looks incredible.

I do live in Florida most of the year but I am a mountain and lake guy at heart. Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I do live in Florida most of the year but I am a mountain and lake guy at heart. Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire.
It's about 40 minutes from my home. I can be on the ranch in the morning and the beach in the afternoon. Surf and Turf! Lol

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I really can't think of anything else unless something happened post game or today before/during/after practice

Quinn has done a great job adjusting the scheme to fit the players (versus forcing players to fit a scheme).

Maybe Quinn just couldn't make it fit Smith? It really is a head scratcher
Its not really a head scratcher - the guy is done physically - won't take on a blocker, plays on roller skates, never fills a hole ect., no place for him.

This was his last year anyway.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Jerry telling Jaylon he is cut,
Jaylon responding

Jerry got Jaylon a ride out of the facility
giphy.webp

This is their homage to the swipe

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Jaylon we need you to play special teams…I’m to valuable for such a menial task…. Turn in your IPAD and Badge…

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm not surprised about the player himself ... Jaylon is a JAG,..an average joe .

i'm surprised about both the timing, being during a football season ... and the depth need for LB bodies

For him to be cut, at this moment of the season suggests to me that either he asked for his release behind the scenes for conflicting reasons
or Quinn and coaching staff could've been growing that much frustrated with constantly trying to scheme and hide him

Nuthin' about Jaylon's game that stands out ..vs run.. coverages, blitzing ..his lack of lateral movement and bend
just limits him too much ..and he wasn't the most instinctive guy around ....

Maybe there's a player on the soon arrival in the midst? Whose the backup behind Parson at middle LB now ? ..LVE ? .. Cox ?.. Gifford ?

Stay tune to this one ..don't turn the channel...and get your popcorn ready ..

:popcorn:

stiletto

Reaction score

You rich *******. :p

btcutter

Reaction score
Um….don’t get that. He’s been a decidedly average NFL linebacker this year playing a lower number of snaps. You already owe him all his money this season and you’re not going to get anyone better off the street.

Just seems like a pointless move that only hurts depth

We have depth at LB position and not enough play time to go around. Furthermore, someone is coming off IR and we need to move someone off active roster.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's about 40 minutes from my home. I can be on the ranch in the morning and the beach in the afternoon. Surf and Turf! Lol

Unreal. You got it made brother. Farm? One type of place I always wanted but haven't done. What kind of farm is it?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
This goes to show that Dan Quinn is making personnel decisions and not Jerry.

To us fans this is a blessing. The less we see of Jerry the better.

Jaylon should not have been given that contract in the first place. So no one should feel sorry for him.
I think Jaylons contract was done to make Zeke come back from Cabo. It was Jerry’s way of saying the money will only be available for so long.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Cowboys did not want to pay him if he got injured this season and would on the hook for next season.

Simple as that.

Blake

Reaction score
Please....all this move did was create more snaps for LVE...and it's well deserved.

When he’s next on the chopping block who will you root for? Getting rid of the old culture may also include some fans. :muttley:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Um….don’t get that. He’s been a decidedly average NFL linebacker this year playing a lower number of snaps. You already owe him all his money this season and you’re not going to get anyone better off the street.

Just seems like a pointless move that only hurts depth
Great point!
We are paying him anyway
So he could be decent depth