Video: Jaylon Smith Top 100

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is nice Smith was recognized by his peers but the NFL Top 100 has always been a flawed pretense for ranking players. It would not surprise me Smith would have been voted in the 1-to-50 range if the balloting system was revamped.

TWOK11

Reaction score
We talked way more about Jaylon Smith on this board before he became a good player. Ever since it became obvious his knee would recover and he wasn’t a wasted pick, a lot of posters simply stopped talking about him.

It’s sad but a good illustration of what this site has been allowed to devolve into.

renny

Reaction score
Why are alleged Cowboys fans worried about who is better? They form the best linebacker duel in the NFL. Both are great on and off the field. If we can get some real defensive tackles in front of them, the sky is the limit. Have you noticed how Jaylon shut down the media when they brought up his contract? Wish Zeke would take a page from him.
Exactly, Cowboys have both so who cares.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Why are alleged Cowboys fans worried about who is better? They form the best linebacker duel in the NFL. Both are great on and off the field. If we can get some real defensive tackles in front of them, the sky is the limit. Have you noticed how Jaylon shut down the media when they brought up his contract? Wish Zeke would take a page from him.
I'm not worried about who is better, I'm just worried about the lack of tackling when opposing offenses punch us back. LVE and Smith were beyond disappointing in their last game.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'm not worried about who is better, I'm just worried about the lack of tackling when opposing offenses punch us back. LVE and Smith were beyond disappointing in their last game.
The defensive tackles got pushed back into them. Also our dinosaur defensive coordinator was out schemed by a new age head coach.

Altestic

Reaction score
2 Cowboy backers in the top 100. That's got to be a 1st.
Just imagine if Lee gets back to 2013 form before the devastating 2014 injury. That would allow us to move Jaylon to RDE on nickel and dime downs.

CPanther95

Reaction score
It is nice Smith was recognized by his peers but the NFL Top 100 has always been a flawed pretense for ranking players. It would not surprise me Smith would have been voted in the 1-to-50 range if the balloting system was revamped.

It's ridiculous.

If every player in the league thought Jaylon Smith was the 25th most valuable player in the league, he wouldn't have made the Top 100 list at all.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Everybody says the man baby RB is the best player on the tread. For my money it is Martin and Jaylon. I think Smith is going to blow up this year.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
alleged?
worried?

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I'm so happy for Jaylon Smith. He went through a lot to get to this point. He is right...the best is yet to come!!! My high school team played against Jaylon at state. I tried to tackle him...didn't work. He would have been a pretty good running back!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still remember those who said he would never step onto the football field and was a complete wasted draft pick.

Good times.