Jaylon

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
No longer using a brace...good news :)...says he has full lateral movement now..
I think keeping him from covering for at least another year would help his knee too. When you cover, you 're more likely to injure your knee in my opinion. Let him play the run and rush the passer for one more year. Then in 2019, Sean Lee will be 33 and Jaylon should be as healthy as he'll ever be and you can unleash him.

jay94

Reaction score
Yeah, but I don't think he'd lie about it.

All players lie, they are all healthier than they lead on to believe, some of them say they will back and end up missing the remainder of the season lol.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
A lot of Jaylon's mistakes had nothing to do with his knee but just being a dumb football player. I'm more worried if he's got the football IQ rather than his physical abilities.

dallas72

Reaction score
A lot of Jaylon's mistakes had nothing to do with his knee but just being a dumb football player. I'm more worried if he's got the football IQ rather than his physical abilities.
Wrong....he cant cut..no lateral movement with that old brace...and was a rookie

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

I'm not so sure about the dumb part, no doubt he missed holes, mis-read formations and often seemed hesitant about what he was to do. But part of that was his knee issue and part was due to being a rookie.

Though I did see plays where he seemed totally lost and had an opportunity to make a play, and he just didn't do it.

I'll give him slack because he was a rookie and missed a lot of off season work and camp, but he should have no excuses this year, if we don't see the Jaylon that he was thought to be before his injury, I'd agree there's cause to worry about his football i.q...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wrong....he cant cut..no lateral movement with that old brace...and was a rookie

No, he wasn't a rookie. He had a year to spend in the film room and be around veteran players and experienced coaches and still was lost on the field.

I could see him engaging a hole and wiffing on a tackle or not being able to cut back to get at the opposing player, but there were times he just removed himself out of the play due to not understanding where it was going. It's like Trent Richardson, but at the LB position.

It's funny that his tagline is #cleareyeview but he can't see a play right in front of him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Given he did not play at all his rookie season and came back to play this past season I was pretty happy with him. Now with a full off season and a season under his belt as well as better health I think Jaylon will be much more productive.