Jayme Closs Missing (both parents murdered)

yimyammer

Reaction score
Anyone following this case?

I've been drawn to it as I wonder who and why anyone would do something like this. Hope she is found safe and whomever did this is caught ASAP! Feels like a sicko, child molester, type situation

Here's a breakdown per Reddit:

• The Barron County Sheriff's Department reported that it responded to a 911 call from 1268 Highway 8 at about 1am on Monday, October 16. The call came from a cell phone inside of the home. They believe Jayme was in the home at the time. The call lasted less than a minute and LE was scene within 4 minutes of the end of the phone call.
  • Neighbor says gunshots were heard at 12:30/12:31 am, but they did not call 911 as the area is rural and bears/deer/etc are common in the area, so they did not think anything of it.
  • Deputies found two adults deceased in the home, a male in the front door way, and a female as they did a sweep of the house
  • They were identified as husband, James Closs, and wife, Denise Closs. They lived at the home with their 13 year old daughter, Jayme. Jayme is missing and believed to have been in the house at the time.
  • Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald says Jayme is not a suspect.
  • An Amber Alert was issued on Monday afternoon. Anyone with information can call the tipline at (855) 744-3879. An Amber Alert was not issued initially as they do not have a suspect or vehicle, two requirements needed.
  • Sheriff Fitzgerald says Monday afternoon that they do not have a suspect nor do they know what took place yet at the house, but it involved gunshots. After deputies searched around the area with drones and infrared equipment, they found no clues to her whereabouts. Fitzgerald says they are frustrated, haven't developed any leads, and are asking the public's help for any information.
  • The Miami Police Department tweeted that Jayme may have been seen in a black Ford Explorer with a possible Wisconsin license plate of I60WER at a gas station around 2 or 3pm, only about 12 hours after police responded to the Closs' home. This was deemed not credible.
  • Mom and Jayme attended a family gathering Sunday afternoon, dad was at work at that time.
  • ME ruled both parents' deaths homicides by gun shots after autopsy was completed, no gun was found at the scene
  • Sheriff asks for 100 volunteers to search a 14 mile area along Highway 8 for articles of evidentiary value on Thursday, 10/18/18.
  • As of 10/18/18, FBI agencies nationwide are asking the public to keep an eye out for Jayme.
  • Press conference reveals two vehicles of interest, a red/orange Dodge challenger and a black Ford Edge or black Acura MDX.
  • Civilian search with 2,000 people occurred on Tuesday, October 23rd. No items of evidentiary value were recovered.
  • FBI reveals $25,000 reward for details leading directly to Jayme's location at press conference on Wednesday, October 24th.
  • Aunts make first public statement at press conference on Wednesday, October 24th.

Xelda

Reaction score
This one breaks my heart. I can't bring myself to be optimistic for Jayme even though I want to be. Anyone sick enough to kill her parents doesn't have their moral compass pointing in the right direction.

nobody

Reaction score
This is terrible. First I've heard of it and it hits close to home because my daughter is 13. If she's alive, and I hope she is and escapes or is rescued soon, she's going to need serious help getting over seeing her parents murdered and being kidnapped. Sadly, I don't think they'll find her alive.

*** is wrong with people?!

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Yes been following this case. It’s absolutely heartbreaking. Did you see the kid who broke into the house to steal her clothes? Creepy, but cleared of having anything to do with the murders and her disappearance. But what I found interesting is that LE has cameras on the house right now, why? @yimyammer

yimyammer

Reaction score
Yes been following this case. It’s absolutely heartbreaking. Did you see the kid who broke into the house to steal her clothes? Creepy, but cleared of having anything to do with the murders and her disappearance. But what I found interesting is that LE has cameras on the house right now, why? @yimyammer

I didn't hear about the break in, do you have a link to a story about that?

Fascinating about the cameras, I feel like they're withholding a lot of information (at least I hope they are)

yimyammer

Reaction score
WTH?!?!?!

Damn, people are strange

BARRON, Wis. (WEAU) -- A man has been arrested for breaking into the Closs family home, near Barron, and stealing some of missing 13-year-old Jayme’s clothing.

Kyle+Jaenke+annis.jpg

Courtesy: Barron Co. Jail
Kyle Jaenke-Annis, 32 of Cameron, was arrested on Saturday.

According to a criminal complaint, Jaenke-Annis was seen on motion activated cameras by law enforcement. When they confronted him, he admitted to going into the home without permission and stealing multiple items, including underwear and clothing that belongs to Jayme Closs. He has been charged with burglary and bail jumping. The criminal complaint says Jaenke-Annis works at Jennie-O Turkey Store.

Jayme was reported missing from her home back on Oct. 15, when her parents were murdered. Law enforcement says they’ve received over 2,000 tips, but have yet to locate the girl. Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald says Jaenke-Annis has been cleared of any involvement in the disappearance of Jayme.

https://www.weau.com/content/news/U...-home-stealing-Jaymes-clothing-498926771.html

Passepartout

Reaction score
Yeah as hope that the girl is alive. And really people like that who are dangerous and law enforcement should not at all clear him as he may have had something to do with the murders and disappearance and possibly the murder of Jayme. Hope it is not true. But really don't clear him just yet.