Signed by Cowboys Jayron Kearse re-signing with Cowboys

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I saw this guy get burned deep often last season so how is this a good signing???Never will forget him colliding with Diggs for the deep TD pass in that one game. I wish Jerry would judt go out and draft a great safety out of college.
He was a box safety covering TEs and playing LB, so I don’t think you saw him being burned deep…..Kazee, yes. Kearse, no.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
And what have average safeties done for Dallas since Woody and Roy???? Jimmy went out and traded or Free agent safeties doing our Super Bowl runs. Even with Deion and Kevin at corner. Jerry doesn't think its important though. Great defenses have great safeties. Not to forget Jerry doesn't even believe in drafting top big DT.:facepalm: I could go on ......:facepalm:

So tell me who is this great safety we should be going after?

You do realize you are stuck in the pre salary cap era, yes?

Flamma

Reaction score
I saw this guy get burned deep often last season so how is this a good signing???Never will forget him colliding with Diggs for the deep TD pass in that one game. I wish Jerry would judt go out and draft a great safety out of college.

That was Kearse in the patriots game? I think people are overreacting for a 5 million a year S. But hey, it's been a shaky off season.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
And what have average safeties done for Dallas since Woody and Roy???? Jimmy went out and traded or Free agent safeties doing our Super Bowl runs. Even with Deion and Kevin at corner. Jerry doesn't think its important though. Great defenses have great safeties. Not to forget Jerry doesn't even believe in drafting top big DT.:facepalm: I could go on ......:facepalm:

Errr… what did they do WITH Woody n Roy? LOL

And don’t forget that the first 90’s Super Bowls, Woody didn’t see the same playing time. We had those ‘average’ guys you’re ranting about like James Washington and Thomas Everett who were winning championships!

Don’t get me wrong, I want all pro players at every position, as much as possible, but just saying, this isn’t a dealbreaker. I definitely wouldn’t encourage Jerry to trade tons of first rounders for a great safety like some teams have.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Fine, he played well last year. Quinn was his best shot and he realised that when the rest of the league didn't show much interest. His play last year deserved a raise but it's obvious that Dallas and the DC and his scheme was his best bet.

Kearse is the epitome of scheme fit, which is fine and great for Dal at the moment with Quinn at the helm.

Honestly, This signing tells me more about what the FO thinks of Quinn, than what it means for Kearse. Hopefully this means Quinn is here to stay. The energy he brings and how the players responded has totally changed the strength perspective of this team. Quinn needs players like Kearse as much as he benefited from a player like Parsons. Those two players were arguably more important than having Lawrence and Gregory rushing the QB. Kearse and Parsons created confusion and were more diverse.

THAT’S why losing out on Gregory wasn’t as big a deal as some fans made it out to be. That’s why Armstrong had 5 sacks as a part time player. That’s why the defense “magically” created a ton of turnovers!

If Dal can sign Za’Darius Smith and a capable LG…then Draft a stud DT, promising DE, Speedy WR, and any OL..I’d call that a successful offseason.

btw.. some fans need to realize that players perform better under the right scheme. We don’t have to sign every “big” name FA to have a successful off-season.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Average to below average safety. Never will see another Woody at safety in Dallas again. Nothing to see here.:thumbdown:

That can be said for just about any position on this team. We'll never get another Emmitt or Michael or Troy or.....................

Just sour grapes Bro. This is a Good signing. Stop being a Contrarian

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
You might be right on this one but still I want to upgrade.
There's already one on the roster, Malik Hooker. Another year since his last injury, another year in the system, and I thought he looked good when he was in last year. Wilson, Kearse, and Hooker back at safety is strong. Need help in the front 7. I think the secondary is done.