Signed by Cowboys Jayron Kearse re-signing with Cowboys

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Well....we got it done. I'm not going to complain...IMO....we short changed the guy after the season he turned in...but that's on him.

Hopefully we do right by the guy....

Just damn glad he is back. Call me crazy...but he might be as versatile as Darren Woodson.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
This is big, IMO. The guy fits exactly what Quinn wants him to do and is starting to come into his own.

Very nice re-sign. He was more important to the defense than most people realize.

For sure…. He can matchup vs TEs and is a sure tackler. He is a good player who knows his role and stays within the scheme. Solid signing IMO

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
First great move we’ve made. JayRon is a certified freak and if he’s actually seemingly matured, can be DQs new Kam Chancellor. I thought Kearse was arguably our most valuable defender last year outside of Simba

Doomsday101

Reaction score
FRISCO - Jayron Kearse "proved it.'' And the Dallas Cowboys have sealed a deal with the free agent safety, a source tells CowboysSI.com, with a Monday agreement to a two-year deal worth $10 million.

Want a blueprint to celebrate how “prove-it” contracts and NFL free agency is supposed to work?

Meet Kearse, the 2021 poster guy for the upside of the system. ... and for 2022, a breakout player as he turns 28 who just quintupled his previous salary of $1.1 million.

OverTheCap.com has Kearse's valuation at $5.8 million; ProFootballFocus suggests a three-year, $15 million contract.

Based on that, Dallas "won'' the deal by a bit.

And how important is Kearse to the program?

Cowboys BREAKING: Jayron Kearse Signs 2-Year Contract With Dallas - FanNation Dallas Cowboys News, Analysis and More

quickccc

Reaction score
- Lowball was the first thing i had thought about when i heard the Kearse contract terms.
This sounds more like Kearse just re-signed for a couple of vet vested league minimum.

- Converted safety turn LB Keanu Neal signed for one year, $5 million
Kearse, the signal caller of the defense, is re-signing for 2 years 10 million.
is this just 2 year vet minimal salary contract, imo.

- Obviously seems like Cowboys do not think Kearse is a top safety, and i would've at least
thought more key incentives that stretch the contract out based off perform levels and all star
achievements would've been added.

Tells me two things;
1) Kearse must have had very minimal interest around the NFL despite a breakout year with Cowboys
2) JK also was so determined to re-sign with the Cowboys, that he was willing to take a " for peanuts " contract.
it's a very good chance that he could outplay- out perform that contract. (pro bowl ?) ....

Carson

Reaction score
- Lowball was the first thing i had thought about when i heard the Kearse contract terms.
This sounds more like Kearse just re-signed for a couple of vet vested league minimum.

- Converted safety turn LB Keanu Neal signed for one year, $5 million
Kearse, the signal caller of the defense, is re-signing for 2 years 10 million.
is this just 2 year vet minimal salary contract, imo.

- Obviously seems like Cowboys do not think Kearse is a top safety, and i would've at least
thought more key incentives that stretch the contract out based off perform levels and all star
achievements would've been added.

Tells me two things;
1) Kearse must have had very minimal interest around the NFL despite a breakout year with Cowboys
2) JK also was so determined to re-sign with the Cowboys, that he was willing to take a " for peanuts " contract.
it's a very good chance that he could outplay- out perform that contract. (pro bowl ?) ....
Agreed. It’s best for both parties.

For Dallas, you get your second/third best defensive player from last season back. You also don’t overpay.

For Kearse, you get a $4 million pay increase, more guaranteed money and you can cash out again in two seasons at age 30

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It's pretty apparent with this offseason focus, as well as names we're linked to (Honey Badger, Wright, and Smith) that we're trying to build the 00 Ravens defense because we have Trent Dilfer at QB.