Jayron Kearse

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Owning mentioned him as an under the radar in Free Agency.

Behind Harris and Smith in Minnesota, he still got a good amount of playing in subpackages. Looks the part of a SS that can play some slot. 6 PD's last year as a reserve. Heath got 7 and Woods got 5 last year as starters

Reactions: CWR

Mr_437

Reaction score
Followed him at Clemson. Was always a fan of him

Solid special teamer. We can likely get him cheap. Hopefully Edwards brings some Vikings with him
Excellent point on Edwards. The scouting department has quite a few coaches to bounce ideas off of about UFAs they've coached or know. MIN, NO, SF, WAS, LAR, GB...that's a good group of soild defensive teams to find some bargains.

Edit: don't remember why I wasn't big on Kearse his draft year, probably coverage or poor tackling, but maybe this guy can help...glad Edwards is around to give advice.

Carson

Reaction score
Excellent point on Edwards. The scouting department has quite a few coaches to bounce ideas off of about UFAs they've coached or know. MIN, NO, SF, WAS, LAR, GB...that's a good group of soild defensive teams to find some bargains.

Edit: don't remember why I wasn't big on Kearse his draft year, probably coverage or poor tackling, but maybe this guy can help...glad Edwards is around to give advice.

Super slow 40 time. Didn’t want anything to do with tackling Derrick Henry when they played Alabama .. not many do. Not a consistent tackler

Most NFL comparison I saw was to George Iloka due to his 6’4 frame.

If they sign him and keep him around the LOS I like it. Hopefully Nolan goes with a true FS/SS approach