U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Robinson begins second tour with Rams

spacer.gif

[size=-1]Associated Press[/size]
spacer.gif

ST. LOUIS - Tight end Jeff Robinson began his second stint with the St. Louis Rams on Monday, two days after being released by the Cowboys.

The Rams released rookie tight end Jerome Collins, a fifth-round pick, to make room on the roster.

Robinson was a tight end, long snapper and special teams captain with the Rams for five seasons beginning in 1997 before signing a four-year free-agent deal with Dallas. He played on two Super Bowl teams. The Rams already have a long snapper, Chris Massey, so Robinson probably won't be used in that capacity.

"Jeff was a very integral part when we had those good runs here," coach Mike Martz said. "He's an outstanding tight end; he just happens to be a good long snapper, too.

"A veteran like that knows how to play the game at a high level."

When Robinson signed a $4.8 million deal with the Cowboys with a chance to start, there obviously were no hard feelings.

"At that point in time we were in those, I guess you call them, high pay bands," Martz said. "We just didn't have the money to keep him."

Robinson lost his job in Dallas to Jon Condo, one of 10 rookies to make that team.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/sanluisobispo/sports/12567496.htm

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ratliff at Situational TE and Condo made him expendable.....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I say good luck to Jeff. There were those who didn't appreciate what he did for the team--primarily because of his contract--but he was a solid player as a deepsnapper and situational tight end. The Rams are a better team with him back on the roster.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Glad he found a home but really there is almost no way he wouldn't have. He was just too expensive for the position he plays. I am glad to see some of the youg guys are giving us the flexibility we have been lacking for a while.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I knew he wouldn't be unemployed long.

Dale did tell me he was a bit of a malcontent at times. Parcells really wanted him gone I think.

Hailmary

Reaction score
I always thought he was one of the vet we'd resign later so his contract wouldn't be guareenteed.

Oh well.

arglebargle

Reaction score
If we lose a game due to a bad snap, I want to hear Parcells blame himself....

Calculated risks are still risks.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheHustler said:
Will we get compensated for him next year?
As in picks. Hmm I don't think so. As a deep snapper, his contributions weren't remarkable enuff to generate compensatory picks, IMO. That's even if they use him as a tight end as the article alluded to.

kenai

Reaction score
Will we get compensated for him next year?

Absolutely not. You never get compensation for players you cut. Compensation is only awarded when you lose Free Agents to whom you made qualifying offers.

Robinson was cut outright.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Hostile said:

Dale did tell me he was a bit of a malcontent at times. Parcells really wanted him gone I think.

Hos, funny you mention that, didn't we once hear a story about T-Ham and him having an argument? I could've sworn I remember that T-Ham told him "I hope you die" or something like that over something Robinson had done or said. I believe this was the summer of '03, and it might have been a story Dale told in chat during his initial summer interning over there.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
Hostile said:

that would explain him being cut because i dont think parcells would have worried about his salary as dependable as he was. especially with parcells
always talking about the importance of special teams. thanks

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
arglebargle said:
If we lose a game due to a bad snap, I want to hear Parcells blame himself....

Calculated risks are still risks.

Yeah. The player with the ball in his hands has nothing to do with it. GEEZ!:banghead:

arglebargle

Reaction score
thats7 said:
Yeah. The player with the ball in his hands has nothing to do with it. GEEZ!:banghead:

Not when the coach cut the better player. Parcells even admitted Robinson was better this week. If 'almost as good' ends up costing the Cowboys a game, it will come down to that coaching decision. IIRC Robinson performed exceptionally well as a snapper. I am unaware of a single bad snap. A grizzled vet, he had already performed under pressure. I hope Condo turns out to be as good.