Jeff Sullivan: Dez contract closer than appears

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Good news. It'll get done. All the other stuff is simply noise at this point. We aren't even close to July 15th.

Frozen700

Reaction score
@SullyBaldHead: The Dez Bryant long-term deal is much closer to happening than anyone realizes. Would be shocked if it wasn't finalized by training camp.

Good news. Just get it done.

I think Dez knows this as well, which is probably 1 of the reasons he keeps showing up and around. Add to the fact he loves him some football

dallasdave

Reaction score
Good news. Just get it done.

I think Dez knows this as well, which is probably 1 of the reasons he keeps showing up and around. Add to the fact he loves him some football

DEZ loves him some football, but also loves him some Cowboys. Dez wants to be here but wants to get a big payday.(and I'm not talking about the candy bar) :laugh:

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if it don't get done by july 15 it is not getting done by training camp so he is just throwing stuff against the wall

erod

Reaction score
I don't put much stock in this. He's not tied in at all.

But yeah, it could happen, sure.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if Jeff Sullivan realizes the deadline in July 15th and the start of training occurs a few weeks after that date.

I thought that too.
So if it's done by the 15th, it gives us 2 weeks of over debating about it...either way, about a new contract or about no contract, or about if he even signed the FT deal....:laugh:

silver

Reaction score
We can only hope we put this baby to rest and have the team concentrate on making the 2015 season their best in 20 years. :starspin:

mugsybows

Reaction score
yeah fish tweeted something the other day that made it seem like they are just waiting to the 15th to do it. probably just hoping another team sets the market for WR.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Broaddus and I think Fisher have stated they think it gets done right before the deadline.

VirusX

Reaction score
Lets all take this for what it is... Jerry is using this to keep Cowboys in the news... ;)

I am sure Dez is in on this too since he is the total team player.

silver

Reaction score
Lets all take this for what it is... Jerry is using this to keep Cowboys in the news... ;)

I am sure Dez is in on this too since he is the total team player.

Mmmm no. They don't want to set the price. There's others in the same position as Dez like Demariuous Thomas who also got tagged and Julio Jones and AJ Green who might get extended. I thought the market was set by Megatron around $16M a year but since the onwers have the franchise tag leverage they control the market. So other than create a distraction the player has no leverage.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Dez is probably gonna have to take way less than he's worth because we have so much money tied up in inferior players, oh well...