Jenkins and Bennett's penalties almost killed the Cowboys

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Why is Jenkins on special teams? I think it was Jenkins with the hold which backed the ball up from the 15 to the 7 yd line after the Giants punted. He put the team in a deeper hole. Has Jenkins ever done anything on special teams? He always seems to screw up with a penalty or missed tackle.

And then Bennett's hold erased a nice run by Choice(I think) and put the Cowboys in a deep hole at 2nd and 20 trying to run the clock out. I didn't see a replay of the hold. I think it was called on #80. Not sure if it was some ticky-tack penalty or not.

But, these two rookies almost cost the team big-time. Jenkins has especially been a huge disappointment. Bennett has been coming on though and showing a huge upside. You just can't hold while trying to run the clock out.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Horseshoes and hand grenades dude.

You could come up with 20 of these 'almost' threads after every game....but why?

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
ninja;2500846 said:
Why is Jenkins on special teams? I think it was Jenkins with the hold which backed the ball up from the 15 to the 7 yd line after the Giants punted. He put the team in a deeper hole. Has Jenkins ever done anything on special teams? He always seems to screw up with a penalty or missed tackle.

And then Bennett's hold erased a nice run by Choice(I think) and put the Cowboys in a deep hole at 2nd and 20 trying to run the clock out. I didn't see a replay of the hold. I think it was called on #80. Not sure if it was some ticky-tack penalty or not.

But, these two rookies almost cost the team big-time. Jenkins has especially been a huge disappointment. Bennett has been coming on though and showing a huge upside. You just can't hold while trying to run the clock out.

Good evening Mr. Sunshine...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ninja;2500846 said:

First off, we won the gam.

Secondly, I didnt see where either player did what the officials claimed they saw. It was more examples of a couple of phantom calls.

Jenkins cover skills have been very apparent and he is far from a "huge disappointment"...I dont know if you actually watch the guy in coverage or not, but even playing with a hamstring injury he was all over the Giants WR's the other night, and they almost nevr threw at im because of it.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
They are ROOKIES and getting valuable experience at that. Be thankful they aren't like Carp.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Jenkins has been very good playing CB, not so much on special teams. I'm not disappointed in him at all as far as CB is concerned.

Bennett threw the key block on Choice's game winning TD. Every player makes mistakes and committs penalties. Bennett has improved soo much that complaining about him for any reason seems out of place to me.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy;2500882 said:
The questionable hold you are referring to was on Witten.
:confused:

There was also one called on Bennett, but it wasnt much of hold, if it was one at all.

Giants OL's did what he did all game long and werent flagged once.