Jeremiah: Expect a run at RB and S on Day 2

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I hope one of the top RBs are still there when we pick. I don’t think there are many guys who can walk in and instantly change the backfield in this class.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Yeah, Deuce is no slouch
:facepalm:

First things first I am unironically a Deuce believer.

What I mean is there are a couple guys who appear to me have the ability to quickly become the RB1 for some team.

But after that, this draft class is full of guys who look like average RB1s or good RB2s. Not game changers.

That doesn’t bode well for us, considering there isn’t a RB1 on the roster right now.

slick325

Reaction score
Are you good with Hoffman at C or is there a guy you think we can get in later rounds to fill that position? Me, I’m going JPJ in 1st or Frazier in 2nd to solidify that position with a day one starter.
This draft is deep at the Center position. Reports are that starters may be found as late as the late 4th round. Dallas may need to trade up for one they like in the 4th. Gotta trust your scouting department.

I like JPJ and Barton early. But, I think they may go OT. Not sure about Hoffman starting. Giving him competition while not moving Tyler Smith may be the play.

visionary

Reaction score
First things first I am unironically a Deuce believer.

What I mean is there are a couple guys who appear to me have the ability to quickly become the RB1 for some team.

But after that, this draft class is full of guys who look like average RB1s or good RB2s. Not game changers.

That doesn’t bode well for us, considering there isn’t a RB1 on the roster right now.
I can state without hesitation that any TB taken by us in rds 1-4 will immediately be better than anything we have right now

Deuce should never have been drafted but definitely should have been cut last year

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We gotta take Benson in Round 2.
I like Brooks a little better but Benson is a better fit.....he's that big, powerful back Stephen promised to draft last year. He reminds me of DeMarco Murray a bit.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I am telling you guys don’t rule out a trade back and the running back is our first pick. Especially if the Cowboys look like one of backs over the others.

J12B

Reaction score
I like Brooks a little better but Benson is a better fit.....he's that big, powerful back Stephen promised to draft last year. He reminds me of DeMarco Murray a bit.
I'd be happy with Brooks too.

My only concern is his ACL.

We need a player to come in and take over that starting job.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
How so? You mean trade up?
No. If it starts in the late second or third, then we may be in line to start it. Unless the draft gurus have underestimated the value of these backs, I think we might actually be in position for one of the top three (Brooks, Benson, Wright). I was sort of kidding about them running off the board before we pick, but that would be just our luck.

Of course, the last couple of times that I absolutely thought we needed to take a back (when we let Murray leave in FA and signed McFadden and last year), we either waited until the later rounds or didn't take one at all. So I never know what this front office is going to do.

J12B

Reaction score
I am telling you guys don’t rule out a trade back and the running back is our first pick. Especially if the Cowboys look like one of backs over the others.
If 4 QBs go before us (as expected), I think we'll have a really good player fall to us at 24.