jerrah is sure talking alot these days

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BHendri5 said:
I did not say that BP was not in on the personnel decisions, He is on the personnel decisions. What I said is that when Jones want to do something, personnel wise, maybe like the Owens and Henson signing, he will do it regardless if BP likes the signing or not.

BP has no choice but to go along, if he wants to continue to coach the team, if not he would quit, but I do not think that BP wants to go out on a sour note.
Both Jerry and Bill has said when it comes to Final Say it is Jerry's call.

Jerry has said on many occasions that he is the tie breaker.

Notice when he said it during the TO PC and someone laughed and he looked up real serious and said, that is the way it is or something similar.

However I do think bill was on board with the signing of TO, I don't think Jerry would say bill was ok with it multiple times during the PC and I don't think Bill would be meeting with TO's agent earlier if that were not the case.

Too many people in the media have been hoping and praying for JJ and Bill to fight because it will give them something to write about.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Maybe Jerry is going to throw his hat in to the commish ring so he needs to get his voice heard and his face seen :eek:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Maybe Jerry is going to throw his hat in to the commish ring so he needs to get his voice heard and his face seen :eek:
does that mean Sean Jones takes over? or a completly new owner? or is it still good old Mr. Jones

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Dangerous Dave, you are quite right. Every group of people has a leader. Jerry Jones is it. The commissioner runs the league, but JJ leads the owners. As much money as he has led them to, they will continue to follow his lead. Whoever JJ backs as commissioner will be the commissioner. Like him or hate him, Jerry Jones has been good for the NFL.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
kowboys 05 said:
does that mean Sean Jones takes over? or a completly new owner? or is it still good old Mr. Jones
You mean Stephen Jones but yes I believe Jerry would have to sell his stake in the team before he could be the commish but it will never happen. There is no way the nfl would allow a pro Cowboys commish.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Are we so sure this is Parcells' last year as HC? He's nearing his mid-60s, so there will be no more head coaching stops after this one. Is Parcells ready to hang the coaching boots up for good (yes, really this time) just yet?

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
If Parcells is going to quit because Jerry Talks...Then he never should have taken the job in the first place.

Personally I think Parcells can handle Jones Talking...

Bullet22

Reaction score
Overplaying to keep players that were past their prime...and bad drafts..

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Perhaps Jones is talking more because it's the Annual Meeting of GM's and team execs. Let's not read too much into this. Jones has always been good for a quote. Much of the stuff reported on on the NFL Network was as interesting as watching paint dry. Reporters are entering that stage of the year when there's not much real news, so they'll dig some up. Let's not assume anything of substance from this.

BHendri5

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Both Jerry and Bill has said when it comes to Final Say it is Jerry's call.

Jerry has said on many occasions that he is the tie breaker.

Notice when he said it during the TO PC and someone laughed and he looked up real serious and said, that is the way it is or something similar.

However I do think bill was on board with the signing of TO, I don't think Jerry would say bill was ok with it multiple times during the PC and I don't think Bill would be meeting with TO's agent earlier if that were not the case.

Too many people in the media have been hoping and praying for JJ and Bill to fight because it will give them something to write about.

Yes sir, we are on the same page Brain, I have been posting this for a while about how things are ran within the Cowboys organization. Jerry is the one who says yes or no.

Jerry stated that in press conference when he hired Parcells, and Parcells reiterated that many times in the press conference after QC's release.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
another sign that parcells' reign is almost through....

WOW... Earth-shattering prediction there. Way to go out on a limb. How about this as a sign that his regin is almost through. He's 60 something years old, has been with the Cowboys giong on four years now, and hasn't coached for more than 4 years at any of his stops since the Giants..............
YAWN

STSINAZ

Reaction score
bottom line...he is talking now more than he has the whole time parcells has been here...there is a reason...read between the lines.

DBoys

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
He paid $150,000,000 for the franchise. He now owns a team that, according to the 2005 Forbes list, is worth $1.1 BILLION.

He can say whatever he wants.

Parcells may be the real head of football operations, but he understands who signs his check.

In case you guys are interested the thing keeping Dallas from number 1 is a new stadium.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/Value_1.html

NFL Team Valuations

Rank Team Current Value1 ($mil) 1-Yr Value Change (%) Debt/Value3 (%) Revenues4 ($mil) Operating Income5 ($mil)

1 Washington Commanders 1,264 15 19 287 53.8
2 Dallas Cowboys 1,063 15 19 231 54.3
3 New England Patriots 1,040 21 29 236 50.5
4 Philadelphia Eagles 952 14 35 216 24.5
5 Houston Texans 946 5 45 215 41.3
6 Denver Broncos 907 11 22 202 49.4
7 Cleveland Browns 892 12 11 203 41.1
8 Carolina Panthers 878 16 14 195 24.3
9 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 877 13 16 195 45.4
10 Chicago Bears 871 11 22 193 40.1
11 Baltimore Ravens 864 11 32 192 32.7
12 Miami Dolphins 856 12 23 190 15.8
13 Green Bay Packers 849 12 4 189 35.4
14 Tennessee Titans 839 14 15 186 35.1
15 Seattle Seahawks 823 16 14 183 14.4
16 Pittsburgh Steelers 820 14 12 182 36.5

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
He paid $150,000,000 for the franchise. He now owns a team that, according to the 2005 Forbes list, is worth $1.1 BILLION.

He can say whatever he wants.

Parcells may be the real head of football operations, but he understands who signs his check.

Amazing what a profit, however the Commanders franchise is number one, although I forgot how much they're worth.