Jerruh- "I like 4-2"

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
unbelievable....just unbelievable

maybe Jerry is getting as senile as hishero Al Davis

Everson24

Reaction score
I think Jerry's ultra positive attitude is part of the problem. The players know he will be a pollyanna after just about any loss.

I believe this causes the players to take the losses lighter than they did when Jimmy or Bill were here and they knew a very hard week of practice would follow.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
and another post agme gem from Jerruh:

Reporter (I think Mosley) Is the team meeting expectations?

Jerruh- "Absolutely"

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I have never been a big Jerry fan, ever. I don't see where he's the problem though. You have imature egos mixed with a weak HC. There is our problem.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I wonder if Jones was just putting them on. If not, he's delusional. The easy part of our schedule is almost over. I've seen nothing that leads me to believe we can have success against NYG, or win at Washington.

Bottom line is we're never going to win anything significant as long was we have this fake GM, who's more concerned with publicity, his new stadium, and revenue than he is the actual product on the field.

We're a 9-7/10-6 team that might get a wildcard. But apparently Jones and Romo will enjoy the journey.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2332845 said:
I have never been a big Jerry fan, ever. I don't see where he's the problem though. You have imature egos mixed with a weak HC. There is our problem.
He hired the coaches, and acquired many of the players.

He is the ultimate problem.

David276

Benched
Reaction score
i dunno . our 4-2 is diff than say. if we had got blown out those games. we had a chance to win both in the waning minutes of each game. and it took a fluke play in over time for one of them to beat us. we just need to focus on december november. nothing matters now

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2332858 said:
He hired the coaches, and acquired many of the players.

He is the ultimate problem.

You mean the thirteen probowlers? GM's help get talent, we have talent.
He learned a ton from Parcells, what he didn't learn was egos need a heavy thumb.
He and Phillips are eating the cheese.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Isn't the reason it's "okay" because Jerruh keeps saying it's all ultimately his responsibility. As long as he keeps saying everythings okay, some people will agree and a little pressure is released? Just my two cents.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
I love Jerry as an Owner.

But sometimes he just says stuff that you're like, Frickin come on Jerry.

There is no way in hell that he likes 4-2.

It's OK Jerry for one time to just say the truth...or say nothing at all if you're going to say I Like 4-2.

:rolleyes:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2332864 said:
You mean the thirteen probowlers? GM's help get talent, we have talent.
He learned a ton from Parcells, what he didn't learn was egos need a heavy thumb.
He and Phillips are eating the cheese.
It's time we stopped throwing out the "13 probowlers".

As Norm said last night, if you take out kickers and guys who got in because of injury, it legitimately would've been like 7. And even some of them didn't deserve it.

Jones is the problem. He hired Wade, who's been a consistently mediocre HC throughout his career. He hired Garrett, whose coaching style would appears more at home in a 2nd tier college conference. He acquired most of these players, not one of whom has shown the real capability for leadership.

Talented, yes. But that won't win you a single playoff game. Kind of like Wade Phillips.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
David276;2332863 said:
i dunno . our 4-2 is diff than say. if we had got blown out those games. we had a chance to win both in the waning minutes of each game. and it took a fluke play in over time for one of them to beat us. we just need to focus on december november. nothing matters now
:laugh2: A few more days like yesterday, and December will be irrelevant.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2332845 said:

Because he's the one through the years that brought in all these weak HC who were basically just coordinators with a bigger title. Gailey, Campo and now Wade. And don't even get me started on Switzer. His only claim to fame is that he was the crappy HC that took over for Jimmy. Any of these other three losers would've done the same thing he did with all that talent.

BP is the only decent HC he's hired in the last 15 years. And I know BP wasn't the success here that he was elsewhere, but that shouldn't have been a reason to abandon that philosophy and revert back to hiring Wade, who was just like Gailey and Campo - a glorified coordinator who has done nothing as a HC.

So that's why Jerry is our biggest problem. And to make things even less exciting, we look to have a green OC primed to take over when Wade gets the boot.

1fisher

Reaction score
David276;2332863 said:

yes it does matter now.... we can't wait til november and december to win games.....

Boysboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;2332830 said:
unbelievable....just unbelievable

maybe Jerry is getting as senile as hishero Al Davis

Well what do you expect him to say? "We suck!"?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
That maybe part of the real big problem zoners, Norm Hi.... on theticket.com was saying, the problem starts at the top, when gailey was here, there was a problem, when parcells was here, there was a problem. Parcells was known as a butt kicker, but in late november and december he couldnt get this team motivated and stop making dumb mistakes.

So, some of it goes back maybe to jerry jones, but again, like norm said in the bengal game when the bengals were climbing back into the game, jerry jones came down onto the field to talk to players, get them fired up and motivated, thats not his job, that is wade phillips job and the coaches and the players.

BIGGEST PROBLEM I THINK, THERE IS NO ACCOUNTABLITY ON THIS TEAM! WHERE DOES THE BUCK STOP AND WHEN A PLAYER NEEDS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTBALE, WHOM IS GOING TO SEE THAT THE PLAYER STAYS AND KEEPS IN STEP TO KEEP HIS JOB.

Like Larry Brown said, this team keeps making dumb mistakes, so other teams dont fear any player on this team now, and know that they just have to bide their time because some cowboy player will make a bone headed play

Need i remind you, arrington on kickoff return for a touchdown, arrington is forced to the sideline, all folk has to do is come up and force him outside, even one of my friend that plays football and is a kicker in high school said he had to make a tackle so should have folk.

Next folk kicks the ball on kickoff out of bounds. I pointed to this issue in preseason but some of you zoners said it would get worked out, well that right there may have cost us the game, because it gave the cardinals great field position.

Next, right before the first half ended, there was a key 3rd down and 2 i believe, the cowboys had 2 timeouts, but didnt use them,went for the play. If they had called time out, called for a key run or something to get that key first down, to get at least 3 more yards, folk wouldnt have missed that field goal possibly.

As you know, 2 guys came untouched on the key block on mcbrair, and in dallas morning news, read says he got outsmarted by making an excuse, he moved burnett and had another player play another position.

Even rocket ishmael is saying after what bradie james said, if we dont bring our a game, teams will play our butt off to beat us, and rocket was saying this team and some players may have some arrogance, yeah their all that,, so they dont have to play as hard, till its too late. Now, that says alot right there, where are the leaders that are butt kicking some players. I am sure you all saw T O on the sidelines telling Gurode to tell his offensive linemen to get up and play better, if you dont i will tell them. Thats the problem it seems some of these cowboys players are arrogant and wait till last few minutes to try to pull out the game.

Some of these players need their you know what kicked, and there should be no, well uh, i uh, moved burnett because he was our best special teams player, and i moved another player to that position, thats where the blocked punt came from. NO MORE EXCUSES, SOMEONE NEEDS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE, AND NO MORE OF THIS WADE PHILLIPS SAYING, I WILL BE HELD ACCOUTABLE, INSTEAD OF THE PLAYERS. THATS YOU KNOW WHAT.

NO MORE EXCUSES, TIME TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP, IF YOU HAVE TO SIT SOME PLAYERS, OR CUT READ SPECIAL TEAMS COACH TO GET SOME ATTENTION, THEN DO IT, QUIT MAKING DUMB MISTAKES, WHEN YOU SAY, I WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE, AND YOU CONTINUE TO MAKE MISTAKES, OVER AND OVER, THEN NO ONE IS FEARFUL OF LOSING THEIR JOB, SO THEY KEEP MAKING THE DUMB STUPID MISTAKES. AND NO OTHER TEAM FEARS THIS TEAM NOW EITHER, THAT HAS TO CHANGE.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
When you watch this team, there is a lack of innovation on defense and complacency across the board.

The team gets up by 7 and plays like it was already won. The defensive coach plays not to get beat. The players lack a fire and attitude which reflects the scheme and coaches.

The offense is sloppy and doesn't execute.

Despite that, the team is so talented it only lost by a total of 9 points in the losses.

There's a lot of talent. I blame the coaching staff. And you have to seriously wonder if Jerry is now part of the problem. When you start the responses to your losses with it's not that bad and simper, there's a problem. The blood is cool. You see this with Wade too. Great they are enjoying the process buy there's no fire. The team's inability to put games away reflects this. Instead of getting up by 7 and the defense putting a strangle hold with pressure and blitzes they play soft zone and play not to get beat. With this offense the defense should be taking chances and be aggressive.

The team is getting used to our soft zone coverage when it's not working. Unwillingness to make the changes on defense personal when it's early and necessary. Henry should have been moved to free safety in training camp.

The team doesn't play like champs because the coaching staff doesn't have the attitude of champions.