Jerruh- "I like 4-2"

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2333050 said:
I don't like what Jerry said there but overall I have no issue with Jerry at all.

Why would you? He's done a brilliant job the last 12 years.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
dbair1967;2332830 said:
unbelievable....just unbelievable

maybe Jerry is getting as senile as hishero Al Davis

spoken like the worst GM in football ;)

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Bach;2332916 said:
Because he's the one through the years that brought in all these weak HC who were basically just coordinators with a bigger title. Gailey, Campo and now Wade. And don't even get me started on Switzer. His only claim to fame is that he was the crappy HC that took over for Jimmy. Any of these other three losers would've done the same thing he did with all that talent.

BP is the only decent HC he's hired in the last 15 years. And I know BP wasn't the success here that he was elsewhere, but that shouldn't have been a reason to abandon that philosophy and revert back to hiring Wade, who was just like Gailey and Campo - a glorified coordinator who has done nothing as a HC.

So that's why Jerry is our biggest problem. And to make things even less exciting, we look to have a green OC primed to take over when Wade gets the boot.

I am so sick of hearing about Parcells and how great he was. He of drafting Carpenter and Fasano and many other duds. Bringing Cortez, Rivera and a bunch of other dud free agents. He of his poor December record and getting embarrassed by the Rams, Saints, Eagles at home when we needed a big win. He of his two playoff losses and ZERO playoff wins. Enough with this Parcells love. The dude did very little to change what went on with the Cowboys. I was more disappointed with Parcells than anything. I was expecting this guy to come in here and maybe not win a Super Bowl but at least win some playoff games, divisions, something. He won NOTHING while he was here.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
BIGGEST PROBLEM I THINK, THERE IS NO ACCOUNTABLITY ON THIS TEAM! WHERE DOES THE BUCK STOP AND WHEN A PLAYER NEEDS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTBALE, WHOM IS GOING TO SEE THAT THE PLAYER STAYS AND KEEPS IN STEP TO KEEP HIS JOB.

Obvoiusly not Wade. He just says golly gee the mistakes are my fault, shucks we need to coach better. Hey Wade if you dont hold players accountable for ALL their stupid mistakes who the F is going to do it?

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
David276;2332863 said:
i dunno . our 4-2 is diff than say. if we had got blown out those games. we had a chance to win both in the waning minutes of each game. and it took a fluke play in over time for one of them to beat us. we just need to focus on december november. nothing matters now

David with the voice of reason!

he is the only one on this board that truly understands The Oil 'neath the Sod

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Its a facade.

Have you seen his face on sidelines towards end of a game when we lose and then when its official that we lost.

He should go with those true feelings. Instead of his machined facade response.

MONT17

Reaction score
2 weeks ago it wasn't a big deal, its only 1 loss! This is the same team the Chicken littles cried about in August. Did u really buy that light switch BS?

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
bootsy;2333112 said:
I am so sick of hearing about Parcells and how great he was. He of drafting Carpenter and Fasano and many other duds. Bringing Cortez, Rivera and a bunch of other dud free agents. He of his poor December record and getting embarrassed by the Rams, Saints, Eagles at home when we needed a big win. He of his two playoff losses and ZERO playoff wins. Enough with this Parcells love. The dude did very little to change what went on with the Cowboys. I was more disappointed with Parcells than anything. I was expecting this guy to come in here and maybe not win a Super Bowl but at least win some playoff games, divisions, something. He won NOTHING while he was here.

He only took a three consecutive 5-11 team and got them to the playoffs several times.

Now, he wasn't as effective as most hoped, but he was at least the one and only attempt Jerry made the last dozen years at actually trying to hire a real HC. Just because it didn't turn out as good as we all wanted, he did at least turn the team around, and there was no reason for Jerry to go back to his glorified-coordinator method. That failed with Gailey and Campo and we are now regressing with Wade.

I guess next on the docket is wet-behind-the-ears Garrett.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2332830 said:
unbelievable....just unbelievable

maybe Jerry is getting as senile as hishero Al Davis

I should give him my "Mr. Sunshine" moniker.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2333003 said:
That maybe part of the real big problem zoners, Norm Hi.... on theticket.com was saying, the problem starts at the top, when gailey was here, there was a problem, when parcells was here, there was a problem. Parcells was known as a butt kicker, but in late november and december he couldnt get this team motivated and stop making dumb mistakes.

So, some of it goes back maybe to jerry jones, but again, like norm said in the bengal game when the bengals were climbing back into the game, jerry jones came down onto the field to talk to players, get them fired up and motivated, thats not his job, that is wade phillips job and the coaches and the players.

BIGGEST PROBLEM I THINK, THERE IS NO ACCOUNTABLITY ON THIS TEAM! WHERE DOES THE BUCK STOP AND WHEN A PLAYER NEEDS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTBALE, WHOM IS GOING TO SEE THAT THE PLAYER STAYS AND KEEPS IN STEP TO KEEP HIS JOB.

Like Larry Brown said, this team keeps making dumb mistakes, so other teams dont fear any player on this team now, and know that they just have to bide their time because some cowboy player will make a bone headed play

Need i remind you, arrington on kickoff return for a touchdown, arrington is forced to the sideline, all folk has to do is come up and force him outside, even one of my friend that plays football and is a kicker in high school said he had to make a tackle so should have folk.

Next folk kicks the ball on kickoff out of bounds. I pointed to this issue in preseason but some of you zoners said it would get worked out, well that right there may have cost us the game, because it gave the cardinals great field position.

Next, right before the first half ended, there was a key 3rd down and 2 i believe, the cowboys had 2 timeouts, but didnt use them,went for the play. If they had called time out, called for a key run or something to get that key first down, to get at least 3 more yards, folk wouldnt have missed that field goal possibly.

As you know, 2 guys came untouched on the key block on mcbrair, and in dallas morning news, read says he got outsmarted by making an excuse, he moved burnett and had another player play another position.

Even rocket ishmael is saying after what bradie james said, if we dont bring our a game, teams will play our butt off to beat us, and rocket was saying this team and some players may have some arrogance, yeah their all that,, so they dont have to play as hard, till its too late. Now, that says alot right there, where are the leaders that are butt kicking some players. I am sure you all saw T O on the sidelines telling Gurode to tell his offensive linemen to get up and play better, if you dont i will tell them. Thats the problem it seems some of these cowboys players are arrogant and wait till last few minutes to try to pull out the game.

Some of these players need their you know what kicked, and there should be no, well uh, i uh, moved burnett because he was our best special teams player, and i moved another player to that position, thats where the blocked punt came from. NO MORE EXCUSES, SOMEONE NEEDS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE, AND NO MORE OF THIS WADE PHILLIPS SAYING, I WILL BE HELD ACCOUTABLE, INSTEAD OF THE PLAYERS. THATS YOU KNOW WHAT.

NO MORE EXCUSES, TIME TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP, IF YOU HAVE TO SIT SOME PLAYERS, OR CUT READ SPECIAL TEAMS COACH TO GET SOME ATTENTION, THEN DO IT, QUIT MAKING DUMB MISTAKES, WHEN YOU SAY, I WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE, AND YOU CONTINUE TO MAKE MISTAKES, OVER AND OVER, THEN NO ONE IS FEARFUL OF LOSING THEIR JOB, SO THEY KEEP MAKING THE DUMB STUPID MISTAKES. AND NO OTHER TEAM FEARS THIS TEAM NOW EITHER, THAT HAS TO CHANGE.

Are you done now?

I hope you feel better after that. Seemed like you had some pent up aggression, and that's not good for the heart.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I can't imagine him being happy with THIS 4-2....my feeling is that he is posturing in case he needs to make a deal. Teams get alot more greedy when they know you're desperate.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Bach;2333249 said:
He only took a three consecutive 5-11 team and got them to the playoffs several times.

Now, he wasn't as effective as most hoped, but he was at least the one and only attempt Jerry made the last dozen years at actually trying to hire a real HC. Just because it didn't turn out as good as we all wanted, he did at least turn the team around, and there was no reason for Jerry to go back to his glorified-coordinator method. That failed with Gailey and Campo and we are now regressing with Wade.

I guess next on the docket is wet-behind-the-ears Garrett.
Stop exaggerating. He took us to the playoffs TWICE as a wild card team and lost both games and had a terrible December record. I forgot to mention something else, he waited too late to switch QB's from Bledsoe to Romo even though everyone could see it except him.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2332882 said:
It's time we stopped throwing out the "13 probowlers".

As Norm said last night, if you take out kickers and guys who got in because of injury, it legitimately would've been like 7. And even some of them didn't deserve it.

Jones is the problem. He hired Wade, who's been a consistently mediocre HC throughout his career. He hired Garrett, whose coaching style would appears more at home in a 2nd tier college conference. He acquired most of these players, not one of whom has shown the real capability for leadership.

Talented, yes. But that won't win you a single playoff game. Kind of like Wade Phillips.

Very good post. Jerry does care about the product on the field though but needs someone to bare down on this team when it needs it. Wade is too soft. This is exactly the same team as the one who lost to the Giants in the playoffs last year. Exactly the same. Unfortunate.

links18

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2332856 said:
I wonder if Jones was just putting them on. If not, he's delusional. The easy part of our schedule is almost over. I've seen nothing that leads me to believe we can have success against NYG, or win at Washington.

Bottom line is we're never going to win anything significant as long was we have this fake GM, who's more concerned with publicity, his new stadium, and revenue than he is the actual product on the field.

We're a 9-7/10-6 team that might get a wildcard. But apparently Jones and Romo will enjoy the journey.

How about the fact that the Deadskins just lost to the winless Rams at home......?

nflandbooze

Reaction score
I hope the rest of the team doesn't share Jerry's mentality. How many weeks in a row do we have to hear that the teams play is no big deal? You could make a case that this stuff goes back to last December when we were supposed to believe they were simply on cruise control, and it was no big deal.

Crayton was right last night. This game shouldn't be a wake up call. The Skins game should have been a wake up call.

You could make a case that the Bungles game should have been another wake-up call, but apparently it wasn't either, and we were just supposed to be happy with a win despite seeing a team not playing up to its potential.

Then on top of it all, Wade, after the game last night, said about his two losses, "Yeah, but they were two close losses." ***? Seriously?

No wonder this team has no sense of urgency. They have their owner, head coach, fans, and even some Dallas media telling them that everything is ok. They've got a ton of talent, and will surely be in the Super Bowl.

Not playing the way they have since December of last year, they won't...

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
bootsy;2333296 said:
Stop exaggerating. He took us to the playoffs TWICE as a wild card team and lost both games and had a terrible December record. I forgot to mention something else, he waited too late to switch QB's from Bledsoe to Romo even though everyone could see it except him.

I do think he took us as far as he was going to. He did take us to the playoffs twice and we had a winning season a third year where we just missed going. Three winning seasons out of 4 was a far cry from three straight 5-11 years.

And I am fully aware that we didn't live up to expectations the final two years BP was here. I have no problem with replacing him. But he did turn things around and there was no need to go the retread-seat-warming route with Wade.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
links18;2333341 said:
How about the fact that the Deadskins just lost to the winless Rams at home......?

I loved every minute of it.

But now, it'll be interesting to see how they respond. They have shown this year they are pretty good when they come out and are focused. Yesterday was definitely a case of them reading their press clippings and seeing a stretch of three winnable games in a row.

Dallas has had many "wakeup calls" the last year and continues to not show up for many of these games. Washington now has just had one of those games. It'll be interesting to see if they learn their lesson, something Dallas has yet to do.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Bach;2333429 said:
I do think he took us as far as he was going to. He did take us to the playoffs twice and we had a winning season a third year where we just missed going. Three winning seasons out of 4 was a far cry from three straight 5-11 years.

And I am fully aware that we didn't live up to expectations the final two years BP was here. I have no problem with replacing him. But he did turn things around and there was no need to go the retread-seat-warming route with Wade.
I disagree, if Parcells is supposed to be a great coach and motivator and all that stuff he should have taken us a little further than 0 playoff wins and a couple of wild card appearances. He completely mismanaged the Romo/Bledsoe thing and then he had pathetic performances against the Eagles and Saints that season. With all the expectations he had when he first came to the Cowboys he should have taken us a lot further.