Jerry’s Kinda Team

GenoT

Reaction score
Beat up on bottom-feeders, Giants (x2), Wash, Miami...pull out a decent win vs Philly...hope for the playoffs...settle for 8-8...make excuses...rinse and repeat.

Garrett’s the HC, Moore’s the OC, Dak’s the $40mil franchise QB, etc, etc.

As long as the $$$$ rolls in...

gmb1

Reaction score
The best reality show on TV and Garrett's the perfect coach for Jerry. Good enough to hang in there against good teams but never get blown out. Keeps people sipping the koolaid. I knew even before the schedule came out that we would be lucky to make the playoffs and that the only silver lining is Garrett loses his job finally.

GenoT

Reaction score
Yep....it’s hard to care anymore. I’m afraid when Dallas actually makes the Super Bowl again, I’ll be long over it.
As long as the Joneses are making BIG money offa mediocre and ego, nothing will change.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Jerry’s always thinks he’s close. When he sees an 8-8 team he just thinks one draft or free agent will make the difference next year. This thinking also scares him from making major changes because he thinks it might bounce his way next year.

GenoT

Reaction score
Jerry’s always thinks he’s close. When he sees an 8-8 team he just thinks one draft or free agent will make the difference next year. This thinking also scares him from making major changes because he thinks it might bounce his way next year.
Jerry recently bought a $250mil yacht, courtesy of Cowboys fans’ loyalty to mediocrity.

Don’t rock the boat!

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I've been a fan my whole life, but I'm on the tightrope now. If Jerry does not fire Garrett and bring in a top coach who is not a clown or sideshow, then I'm pretty sure I'll be done with pro football for a while.
I know my woman will appreciate that at least, she went to stay the night at her sisters house at halftime. Said I was drinking too much, did not want to be around me raising hell.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Beat up on bottom-feeders, Giants (x2), Wash, Miami...pull out a decent win vs Philly...hope for the playoffs...settle for 8-8...make excuses...rinse and repeat.

Moore and Dak are leading the #1 offense in football.

Zeke the hero just got paid 90 million and runs like he's troy hambrick. Heck, even Hambrick had more speed then Zeke.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I've been a fan my whole life, but I'm on the tightrope now. If Jerry does not fire Garrett and bring in a top coach who is not a clown or sideshow, then I'm pretty sure I'll be done with pro football for a while.
I know my woman will appreciate that at least, she went to stay the night at her sisters house at halftime. Said I was drinking too much, did not want to be around me raising hell.

Cowboys will make the playoffs at 9-7 and Jerry will retain Garrett. Sadly.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I dont think Jerry's as content as some of you may feel.

I think there is some trouble in paradise, finally.

Gaede

Reaction score
We really need a culture change in Dallas. We beat up one bad team and act like the world champs.

Lose to every single good team we play and pat ourselves on the back for a moral 'victory'.

Just so sick of it. Win, lose, win, lose, win, lose.

DallasInDC

Reaction score

Kind of defeats the argument that NE is only as good as they have been because they get to play the bottom feeders in their division. We have done the same for the past several years and what has that gotten us? a couple of first round playoff losses?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The best reality show on TV and Garrett's the perfect coach for Jerry. Good enough to hang in there against good teams but never get blown out. Keeps people sipping the koolaid. I knew even before the schedule came out that we would be lucky to make the playoffs and that the only silver lining is Garrett loses his job finally.
The last time I was happy to see us lose was when we needed to let Phillip's go.

Unfortunately that elevated Garrett and I never thought he would last 10 years and win 3 playoff games.

Yikes.

links18

Reaction score
As gutless and mediocre as Garrett is, Jerry knows a Commanders like performance is always possible. Skins tickets are going for $4 right now.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
I dont think Jerry's as content as some of you may feel.

I think there is some trouble in paradise, finally.
Where there's smoke there's fire. I finally feel unless there is a turnaround, like winning two playoff games, Garrett will not be back.

It would be different if the reason for losing wasn't obviously inept coaching. Everyone sees it. Jerry sees it too, regardless of what he says to the media.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Where there's smoke there's fire. I finally feel unless there is a turnaround, like winning two playoff games, Garrett will not be back.

It would be different if the reason for losing wasn't obviously inept coaching. Everyone sees it. Jerry sees it too, regardless of what he says to the media.
Every other team in the NFL sees it too.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Exactly. Jerry doesn't have to make another dime to die a rich man. He wants to win. But he also wants to run the show.

People thinking he's only interested in making money don't get it. He wants the one thing he can't buy - standing on the podium with a SB trophy, his coach and son by his side.