Jerry’s worst nightmare

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jerry is easily distracted from wins and losses by 8 figure deals and a lavish lifestyle.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Other than a handful of seasons where they won the division, this year is like most with Jerry the GM. A bit more embarrassing, a few more lopsided losses. Like in 2015 when they lost QB1, just about the same # of wins.

At the end of it, Jed and Jethro will talk about better health next season, the core they love (and why not - they built it!), MM being the absolute right coach, the way they operate, etc.

Spring 2021 will bring the draft, a few free agency signings where they tell you they got exactly what they wanted. Hopefully, a legit training camp will happen and they will overhype and oversell most of these guys they put in place. Jerry, and in turn the players, will utter SB talk, which is so nonsensical for a group and franchise that hasn’t come close and doesn’t have a clue or a football culture. They’ll underachieve, or just play typical mediocre football again in 2021. Rinse....repeat.

what’s really changed in 25 years? What hope is there of change without a real football culture and true accountability which begins at the very top of the organization?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The one thing that really struck me yesterday is that Jerry sells hope. That's his secret. He exchanges hope for his fans' interest and cold hard cash. Its a great exchange. All he has to do is have a press conference or interview and hype the teams' chances and people will hear it. Then when the next fluke win happens the fanbase will think "maybe Jerry was right. Maybe if X and Y happen, this team will contend."

Jerry's biggest fear, as such, is the fanbase completely losing hope. I'm there but I think a lot of others are not.
I agree 100%. I have argued as much over the years. he is a master salesman...every off season he sells hope, he makes changes that he feels the fans want to see and he makes us all hopefull....and then it collapses because its not on sound foundations....so being that he is a master salesman, he is also a great business man. the franchise is now the highest valued franchise in the NFL. that doesn't happen by accident, despite all the failures...Jerry is about bottom line. making money. sell jersey's. sell merchandise. that's why this organization is so focused on offense because that's what sells the most jerseys.....you may have a defensive player here or there, but you sell QB, RB, WRs and TE jerseys and an OL man here and there....the whole culture is about offense. and as a result our drafts, our signings, is all offensive and that's why we do so good offensively in drafts and defensively we are all over the place and suck in drafting or signing FAs including our own.....until Jerry is serious about winning, meaning willing to make less money now, sell less jersey's and focus on the defense we are not going to find much success

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Jerry's worst nightmare is not to be seen as a football guy. He's got just about everything a man could want in life. The one thing alluding him that his wallet can't fix is respect as a GM. He can only buy the opportunity, which is what we've seen here for a quarter century.

So if you want to take any solace in this situation know that he will go to his grave one day without that one thing he so desperately covets. In his maniacal desire to show the world and get the credit he's only thoroughly embarrassed himself and permanently destroyed his reputation.

He will die a laughing stock as a football guy and that is his worst nightmare.

That and realizing his fat rosacea faced son won't even be AS successful a "football man" as daddy. He will see that he killed the most valuable franchise in sports for good