Jerry answered one question...

texastwister

Reaction score
silverbear said:
I got a kick out of that...

I thought Jerry did a good job with the Dallas press.They tried to start a fire but Jerry was quick with the bucket of water.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
texastwister said:
I thought Jerry did a good job with the Dallas press.They tried to start a fire but Jerry was quick with the bucket of water.

They sure did. They were pretty darn adamant about that "high risk" question, weren't they?

texastwister

Reaction score
Thats one problem I have with TO and the media. Every little thing the guy does is blown up. Just like with Jerry the media tried to twist his words to make TO a high risk.
Stephen A Smith said the media in Phily only covered the Phily side of this and they are more to blame than anyone( with the TO deal)

I wish Jerry would have said TO is a risk just as Marco was a risk last year. The guy was working out at home and hurt his back whic affected his first season here so yes signing a FA is a risk just as much as a draft pick is.

billknows

Reaction score
silverbear said:
That we Cowboys fans were asking, in that press conference (no, this is NOT a TO thread)...

We were all wondering what in God's name he and Bill were doing on vacation at this point in free agency... we had all kinds of theories, but Jerry had a common-sense answer...

They expected free agency to start a coupla weeks earlier, but the league kept pushing the start date back... but he and Bill had already made vacation plans, and Jerry probably NEEDED a vacation after the CBA was finally agreed to, so knowing that with his jet, he and Bill could back to Dallas real quick if a need arose, and that negotiations could be handled by phone, fax and e-mails, they just decided to stick to their original plans...

Makes perfect sense to me... one mystery, cleared up...
Jerry::hammock: Palm Pilot and a Corona...Bill: :hammock: Cell phone and a Corona...Stephen::hammock: Fax and a Corona (background beachband music "Don't know the reason, I stayed here all season . Nothing to show,but a five star tatoo) Seems the offseason is going splendidly... thier working on a six pack of free agents,er so to speak...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by billknows : 03-16-2006 at 04:35 AM.