Jerry - Be Careful Elway must like Jason as next HC

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of these days, OP is going to make a post or a thread that I can remotely understand or agree with. Not today, though, apparently.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The point is that Dallas should strive for Excellence not being Average. Elway would never hire Garrett let alone allow him to handle the play calling duties. Dallas should have the Best Head Coach possible. Without Linehan and Marinelli saving Garrett's butt this year, Garrett would be looking for a job right now.

Elway kept Fox who no better a head coach than wade. When he had no QB his team was mediocre, he gets Peyton and all of sudden questionable draft picks look like super stars. Peyton should get a commission for all the big deals his offensive guys are about to sign because he made guys look like All-pros, J. thomas will probably fall flat when he signs elsewhere, D Thomas is awesome between the 20's, Decker signed a huge deal this past off season and was average. Good QB play will make everyone look better, even the HC.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Wow there are really people who want to fire staff after the season we had?
It's like... everything is finally coming together here, and people want Garret and crew out after a 12-4 Season with a division win and playoff win?

It was a good season.

Jason seems to building something, I like it.

But let's not get crazy.

Jerry is puppet master here. Success only followed when coordinators were given their assigned duties.

A couple of real bad games where the mistakes were plentiful.
A lions playoff game where we were almost one and done.

I need to see more.

But for now.... I like the progress.

DavidS

Reaction score
Wow. Denver lets the entire staff go while Dallas is interested in extending Garrett after 1 Playoff Win in 4 years. The No. 1 Sports Franchise in the entire world has lower standards than the crappy Broncos. No Super Bowl Victory should equal failure but I guess in Jerry's eyes it was a successful season especially after training Garrett for the past 4 years while paying him $4M/year. I wonder if Elway would be interested in bringing Jason to Denver. I would love to see Jason calling plays for Manning. Get your Popcorn!

Great call boy wonder