Jerry - Be Careful Elway must like Jason as next HC

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Elway is going threw what jerry did in the 90s

New owner, that found success quickly

Has all the talent in the world, thinks any coach can get them there.

Obviously very arrogant

Mansta54

Reaction score
To the OP, put the pipe down. Smh! JG is family, he's going nowhere. Do you follow the team at all?

PAINFROMUKRAINE

Reaction score
Who said that?
I'm fine with Garrett as long as he has no responsibilities
Just give him a coach with 10 years experience at every position and watch him blossom

#nextlandry

I fully agree with this statement. So Jerry should not worry about paying Garrett HC Market Value since he will just be a glorified "Cheerleader" on the sidelines.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The point is that Dallas should strive for Excellence not being Average. Elway would never hire Garrett let alone allow him to handle the play calling duties. Dallas should have the Best Head Coach possible. Without Linehan and Marinelli saving Garrett's butt this year, Garrett would be looking for a job right now.

Instability in an organization is not good for long term results.

PAINFROMUKRAINE

Reaction score
Wait this makes no sense. We should not bring back Garrett because our standards should be higher than Denver's and then the Broncos should hire Garrett?

Please read between the lines. Manning would laugh his butt off if Garrett was calling the plays and Elway would never hire Garrett. Elway is not running a Head Coach Training Academy in Denver. Jerry has the monopoly on "Training a Head Coach" in the NFL.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Uh dude I didn't like Jason Garrett at all after last year and I can say he did a great job this year. What the hell are you on about?

Don't waste your breath, man. You've never heard of trolls before?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Why would Garrett leave a franchise where he has been a part of it forever and is on the brink of being once again a powerhouse and Super Bowl contender. Garrett is not going anywhere.

Fmart322

Reaction score
I wasn't a huge fan of the Garrett hire before the HC. I thought he was greener then green as a HC. I thought he was over his head many times over his tenure. This year, however, I think he finally got it with working games.
You have to remember, he had Jerry to deal with when he started. He had to change a whole mindset with the Cowboys. That doesn't happen overnight. With McClay and Ciskowski and even Steven taking more prominent rolls with this team your starting to see the fruit of their labor.
Garrett isn't leaving, he's finally see the hard work pay off.

Wow. Denver lets the entire staff go while Dallas is interested in extending Garrett after 1 Playoff Win in 4 years. The No. 1 Sports Franchise in the entire world has lower standards than the crappy Broncos. No Super Bowl Victory should equal failure but I guess in Jerry's eyes it was a successful season especially after training Garrett for the past 4 years while paying him $4M/year. I wonder if Elway would be interested in bringing Jason to Denver. I would love to see Jason calling plays for Manning. Get your Popcorn!

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Its gonna be a very very very very long off season . . . . . . . . . . . and it feels that way already after reading threads like this. :banghead:

cml750

Reaction score
I am confident he will be retained but it would not be the end of the world if he left. He finally did a decent job this year in that he did not cost us any games with idiotic decisions but there are better coaches out there. I will add that if we lose Linehan and Marinelli it would not surprise me to see 2010 - 2013 Jason Garrett again which would be really bad.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He can half garrett for that rebuilding mess in Denver.

I would love to half Sabin or Stoops (bad year in Okla and I bet he is tired of the fans there) jump to the Cowboys.

Wood

Reaction score
Wow. Denver lets the entire staff go while Dallas is interested in extending Garrett after 1 Playoff Win in 4 years. The No. 1 Sports Franchise in the entire world has lower standards than the crappy Broncos. No Super Bowl Victory should equal failure but I guess in Jerry's eyes it was a successful season especially after training Garrett for the past 4 years while paying him $4M/year. I wonder if Elway would be interested in bringing Jason to Denver. I would love to see Jason calling plays for Manning. Get your Popcorn!

too much cough syrup today?

black label

Reaction score

161.gif

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I think it is pretty clear that Elway is going to let his next coach pick his own staff. Which is the right way to do it.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
... Fox lost with a loaded team in rd 1....

I don't think that team was loaded. Manning covered up a lot of warts on both the defense and offense. Problem was, at 39-years old Manning became another wart on the team and could no longer make chicken salad with the chicken scratch they had on defense and the OL.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
OMG Jerry better sign Jason quick or he is as good as gone

Oh wait ...... Elway is not a clueless moron

Thank god

Are you sure Elway isn't clueless? He may be next to get the ax. He is in charge, isn't he? He fielded that underachieving defense and mortgaged a good chunk of the future in Ward, Ware, and Abib.