Audio: Jerry coming up on 105.3 The Fan

texbumthelife

Reaction score
AP would be willing to take less to play for his beloved Dallas Cowboys.

I thought he said something to the opposite effect a few months ago. I thought he said something about he would restructure but it would have to mean more guaranteed money.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Muhammad Wilkerson?

Hopefully the right player isn't a 30 yr old RB that didn't play last year.

Reaction score
Yikes
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nes-id-consider-trading-our-2016-firstrounder

"I'd be reluctant to, but certainly if the right situation came along that could improve us now, with where we are with (35-year-old quarterback) Tony Romo, his career and where we are with what we've put together, it's a good time to go for it," Jones said, per Fox Sports Southwest

I'm new, at least as for being a member, so I'm not sure what happened when I tried to post to a thread that is seemingly not there anymore, so I just copied & pasted my reply/post/thoughts here as this seems like the tread I was trying to post to. If I screwed up, I apologize!

I'll say it again. Not on that contract. Not a chance.

Sort of to your point the only "Leverage" A.P. has at this point is his contract. If no one is willing to touch that contract (And no one should) then he could re-structure to go where he wants too. Unless an Arizona comes along & says we will trade "X" for him & take his contract as is, then they get him, he may not be happy there which would ward of suitors also. My take is & will be if he does get traded anywhere it will be to Dallas on a restructured deal, until then even with this offensive "GOLIATH LINE" I'm concerned about the four RB's we currently have, the last thing I want to see is a "RBBC" that doesn't shake out & we end up running less & throwing more! If I'm wrong & the four we have works, great, awesome, I'd never be happier to be wrong! Until then I have my reservations.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I thought he said something to the opposite effect a few months ago. I thought he said something about he would restructure but it would have to mean more guaranteed money.

He may have but I never heard that. He would need to agree to take a lot less to play here. Would give him an excellent shot at winning a super bowl and playing for his childhood team. 2 dream come trues.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
I'd say that right now, we are in the same tier as Green Bay, Seattle and New England. Gun to my head, I honestly think we are better than all three of them. But even if we are the best team, we're in the same tier.

Trading for AD puts us in a tier of our own and makes us clear favorites. If healthy, we would be the odds on pick to win it all.

That's worth a very late 1st rounder.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
yeah. probably not realistic

Teams are calling the Jets about him apparently. Just drafted Leonard Williams. They've got more young guys on the DL than they can realistically sign.

But Romo goes down, we're not picking late in the round. Too risky for me.

Reaction score
I'd say that right now, we are in the same tier as Green Bay, Seattle and New England. Gun to my head, I honestly think we are better than all three of them. But even if we are the best team, we're in the same tier.

Trading for AD puts us in a tier of our own and makes us clear favorites. If healthy, we would be the odds on pick to win it all.

That's worth a very late 1st rounder.

I agree! The first Rounder would be the 32nd pick, IMHO.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Oh, I don't know... it kinda read like Jerry was letting Rick Speilman of Minnesota know that if they want a first round pick for their disgruntled
All World RB, he'd be willing to give him one....... if he specifies "RB" everyone is gonna run wild with the rumors of AD... this way is slightly
more covert....just slightly...:)

Right. Who else would you trade a first for, and oh by the way doesn't want to play on their current team?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
At least Jerry declared he'd be reluctant to give up a 1st. Hopefully, Stephen would see to it he didn't do so.

Plankton

Reaction score
Muhammad Wilkerson?

Hopefully the right player isn't a 30 yr old RB that didn't play last year.

God, if that happened, I would be like this.

giphy.gif