Jerry confirms talks with Darius Leonard

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Unless he wants a cheap deal...not happening.

We are down to 10.8 million in free cap.

2024 is negative 12.5 and that's with the 2023 free cap rollover.
Uh, you really believe that? Restructuring Dak saves $22m alone. Dallas can add over 60m in cap space through restructures.

Carson

Reaction score
I mean he played last week. So he is in game shape.

Give him until Philly to get ready.

Clark, Bell, Evans and Bell are great

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

This is how I feel also….we aren’t getting All pro or pro bowl Leonard and that’s fine. If he can be a solid depth piece and rotational player in spot duty what’s wrong with that? It’s a low risk high reward signing.

I don’t get the people who continuously say he’s “not who he used to be” uhhhh of course otherwise he wouldn’t be available but he can potentially be a good value add and positive player.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

giphy.gif

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm not promoting one way or the other, just asking. If some team wanted this player, what would have been the better course of action? Signing him off waivers, or waiting for him to clear and try to be the highest bidder? If a team signed him off waivers, they owed him 6M for the rest of the season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak is just shy of 27M. Purdy is $889,252. Teams do have a bit of an edge when paying their QB an insignificant amount of money. But a bad GM can squander it as well.
It’s an asset for sure but gotta use the money wisely…..I wouldn’t have given Hargreaves that deal.

Flamma

Reaction score
It’s an asset for sure but gotta use the money wisely…..I wouldn’t have given Hargreaves that deal.
That's why I said it can be squandered away. All things have to be considered equal to have that edge. Because even if Purdy had the same cap hit as Dak, they'd still be under the cap by more than us. It doesn't change a thing for this season.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really think he'd flourish here if there's not a medical issue he can't overcome.

He wouldn't have to be the man. He could just play a role for a team who is in contention.

Plus you have the how dare you release me, I'll show you aspect to it.

exciter

Reaction score
He looks washed, Those 2 back surgeries took whatever speed and explosion he may have had. He lost his speed and lateral agility, he's no where near the player he used to be, sad to watch him flopping and flailing out there.
He has nerve damage effecting his leg, including loss of feeling in his foot!

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
Sad that he and LVE burst on the scene the same year and caught everyone’s attention. 5 years later they are both damaged. Brutal sport.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He looks washed, Those 2 back surgeries took whatever speed and explosion he may have had. He lost his speed and lateral agility, he's no where near the player he used to be, sad to watch him flopping and flailing out there.
That's what I see -- I'd sign him to the PS and see if an off-season can get him well again.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
That's what I see -- I'd sign him to the PS and see if an off-season can get him well again.
If we're thinking seriously about it, gonna pay close attention to what the medicals say. A couple back surgeries to fix nerve issues is always a tough deal.

Gambit

Reaction score
Dak is just shy of 27M. Purdy is $889,252. Teams do have a bit of an edge when paying their QB an insignificant amount of money. But a bad GM can squander it as well.
Let's revisit Purdy's salary when his next contract comes up.