Jerry created this monster

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pay too many players huge contracts, and we'll be left w/ subpar backups and JAG's.
Ring-a-ding-ding, we have a winner.

This is all I've been trying to get across to the "we can pay everybody people" and Prescott should have kept his mouth shut on that subject.

And this team is getting close to being the highest paid offense in NFL history and it ranked 22nd last season in scoring and yardage and scored their season's average in the playoff loss and was under on the average yards per game. Got a brand new OC so make sure you overspend on the O side.

Does anyone here really think any team can have 3 OL in the top 6 paid at their position as well the QB, RB and WR? No team since the cap came into effect has ever even approached that. And one of the OL not in that group is up next season and according to what I've read, realizes he's in a contract year because he's having just a ducky time at camp.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ring-a-ding-ding, we have a winner.

This is all I've been trying to get across to the "we can pay everybody people" and Prescott should have kept his mouth shut on that subject.

And this team is getting close to being the highest paid offense in NFL history and it ranked 22nd last season in scoring and yardage and scored their season's average in the playoff loss and was under on the average yards per game. Got a brand new OC so make sure you overspend on the O side.

Does anyone here really think any team can have 3 OL in the top 6 paid at their position as well the QB, RB and WR? No team since the cap came into effect has ever even approached that. And one of the OL not in that group is up next season and according to what I've read, realizes he's in a contract year because he's having just a ducky time at camp.
And the saddest part is that we've already tried it and it was proven not to work. NFL is a rough game and people are going to get injured. Having good backups is instrumental for a super bowl run. That's why Bellychickens plays w/ a rotation on the DLine and always has good backups on the OL.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No, it's not, both of the Joneses started this whole extend them thing and have now boxed themselves in.

It is true we do not know the behind the scenes, and we all offer conjecture on what we think is happening, but part of what Ranching put up there is public knowledge, we all could hear and see that.

They took what could have been just rumor and made it fact and now you have Booger asking the media if he's ever failed to sign a star. Think Elliott's agent isn't liking that?

The real problem with this team is that father-son showoff team that can't keep their mouths shut. They're so focused on being media darlings and pushing celebrity status, they do what many celebrities do, they talk too much.
Again, and you can’t argue this point, you nor I have ANY IDEA what’s going on inside the organization and the contract negotiations.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Have you ever met Jerry? I have. I know how he thinks. Let me call him and I'll get back to you.
No I’ve never met Jerry and I seriously doubt that you know him and how he things. Don’t insult our intelligence. Damn.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Loyalty, funny word in the NFL. Booger wasn't loyal to Elliott, he wanted him to play for him. And he didn't get pissed because Elliott was suspended, he got pissed because he shot his mouth off saying he would not get suspended and was embarrassed.

We don't know if Prescott or Cooper is concerned because the Joneses are the ones that started this new contract talk and now that has opened Pandora's Box. If they capitulate to Elliott, they set a precedent for future players to hold out with two years left on their contract.

The NFL is stupid and invites these issues that overshadow the game. There is a simple solution to this in the future but it won't stop all holdouts. The 5th year option and franchise tags are all for the owners to take advantage of 1st round overperformers, like Elliott, and the tags are rewards for poor cap management. Dump both of these and if a team cannot come to terms with a player by the FA date, he's a FA. The franchise tag has contributed more to the escalating salaries than anything else. Cousins tag became the base mark for QB's. And tagging Lawrence is what led to that contract.
I love how you can get into Jerry's head and explain to us what drives him, what embarrasses him, what his fears are. Hilarious

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the saddest part is that we've already tried it and it was proven not to work. NFL is a rough game and people are going to get injured. Having good backups is instrumental for a super bowl run. That's why Bellychickens plays w/ a rotation on the DLine and always has good backups on the OL.
He's the most 53 oriented HC in the league and has the success to show for that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love how you can get into Jerry's head and explain to us what drives him, what embarrasses him, what his fears are. Hilarious
No, it's not hilarious, it's scary in his head. Picture Ripley in Alien at the end when she's in the launch alone with the Alien. That's what it's like.

Well now, did you happen to see him when he said Elliott was not going to catch a timeout? And then did you see him after Elliott was suspended in his hissy fit going after Goodell while the other owners voted to give him a raise? He was embarrassed that he was wrong and then embarrassed that the majority of the owners didn't side with the owner with the most games missed by players.

And from my years of observing human behavior, I can tell you his greatest personal fear...irrelevance. What if he came to speak, in that wonderful delivery you love so much, and no one came to listen? That's why he will never hire a strong HC that might put him in his shadow as Parcells did. The Cowboys are his conduit to stardom.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
No, it's not hilarious, it's scary in his head. Picture Ripley in Alien at the end when she's in the launch alone with the Alien. That's what it's like.

Well now, did you happen to see him when he said Elliott was not going to catch a timeout? And then did you see him after Elliott was suspended in his hissy fit going after Goodell while the other owners voted to give him a raise? He was embarrassed that he was wrong and then embarrassed that the majority of the owners didn't side with the owner with the most games missed by players.

And from my years of observing human behavior, I can tell you his greatest personal fear...irrelevance. What if he came to speak, in that wonderful delivery you love so much, and no one came to listen? That's why he will never hire a strong HC that might put him in his shadow as Parcells did. The Cowboys are his conduit to stardom.

Good point. Jerry was busy laying the groundwork for AT&T Stadium while Parcells was the coach here, so he didn't mind Bill taking over the spotlight.

But for those four years Parcells was the coach, he, not Jones, was the source of all the Cowboys-related sound bites. I made sure to catch all of his press conferences back then; I hardly watch any of Garrett's.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Good point. Jerry was busy laying the groundwork for AT&T Stadium while Parcells was the coach here, so he didn't mind Bill taking over the spotlight.

But for those four years Parcells was the coach, he, not Jones, was the source of all the Cowboys-related sound bites. I made sure to catch all of his press conferences back then; I hardly watch any of Garrett's.
I loved Parcell's Press Conferences. Garrett just has no personality. You know exactly what he's going to say before he says it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarcasm can be pretty sarcastic sometimes.

One of the more interesting things to come out of that was Parcells firing Broaddus and Randy Galloway decided to put him on the show once a week with some inside dope on Valley Ranch because Broaddus still had some contacts in the offices. One afternoon he started talking about Booger's frame of mind and that some were worried about him because he was really depressed. It had nothing to do with the team or the new stadium, he missed the spotlight and Parcells had really ripped that away from him and was a real control freak.

As he discussed that I thought that however long Parcells is there, the Cowboys will never have another one like him. This was exacerbated by the fact the local media loved Parcells, more than Jimmy I think. They hung on his every word and he was usually good copy with stuff like "Roy Williams was a biscuit away from being a LB" and they laughed with Parcells. They laugh at Booger and he doesn't even get it. He truly is the patriarch of the Highland Park Hillbillies. There's just some things money cannot buy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I loved Parcell's Press Conferences. Garrett just has no personality. You know exactly what he's going to say before he says it.
He learned that as Aikman's backup, don't give them anything. Romo learned the hard way, speak from the heart as he did about if losing a game is the hardest thing he has to endure, he's had a good life and they'll string you up.

Some HC's are just comfortable with the media and Parcells cut his teeth on the NY media and won them over. Others like Belichick and Garrett try to give them nothing and one of Belichick's ex coaches, Saban, tries to but usually gets on a roll and then makes Sports Center.

I don't think we're ever going to see Garrett in a Coors Light commercial.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Thank God we had Parcells.... I remember those Super Bowls fondly.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank God we had Parcells.... I remember those Super Bowls fondly.
Just like the Commanders do with Lombardi, the Dolphins with Johnson, the Panthers with Siefert, the Saints with Ditka and any other team that hired a HC because of those skins on the wall but that's not why Parcells was hired, his job was to help sell a new stadium. He gave Booger the credibility he needed because he couldn't get that on his own.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He learned that as Aikman's backup, don't give them anything. Romo learned the hard way, speak from the heart as he did about if losing a game is the hardest thing he has to endure, he's had a good life and they'll string you up.

Some HC's are just comfortable with the media and Parcells cut his teeth on the NY media and won them over. Others like Belichick and Garrett try to give them nothing and one of Belichick's ex coaches, Saban, tries to but usually gets on a roll and then makes Sports Center.

I don't think we're ever going to see Garrett in a Coors Light commercial.
Yea , good read!

Parcells resurrected our franchise from its lowest point since Jerry bought the team. From a consistent 5-11 team to a playoff contender again securing the support Jerry needed for his new palace.

Jerry illustrated that only when he needed the expertise and experience to build a team along with the financial support would he be willing to let someone come in and steal the limelight from him.

But once the stadium was secure and the rebuild was in place Jerry begin meddling again eventually running Bill off before the job was done. And probably has illustrated to others this isn’t the place for his type of notable coaches to come.

Jerry continues to be the greatest obstacle for Cowboys Football success. As long as there’s not room for a bigger ego in Big D this is our reality.