Jerry deserves blame for Claiborne

mmillman

Reaction score
That drafts top man to man cover cb and a year later you switch to a cover 2 zone scheme? This constant meddling and churning by Jerry is the real problem. Dallas has no identity and no accountability.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You blame Jerry for constant churning?

Going by Cowboyszone we'd be churning twice as much.

But this fan base has never been patient.

mmillman

Reaction score
Yeah, the owner and GM who else should be blamed for the turnstile at the coaching positions and for the poor drafting?

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
I posted in a different thread that Claiborne is not an elite athlete and I stick by that. It shows.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
That drafts top man to man cover cb and a year later you switch to a cover 2 zone scheme? This constant meddling and churning by Jerry is the real problem. Dallas has no identity and no accountability.

I thought Jason selected this staff. It was said all off season. He gets the blame for drafting a bust.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Every GM makes bad picks. The trick is to make enough good picks to offset the bad ones. We don't do that.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I think there is plenty of blame to go around. But Mo is still young so he can turn it around. Not writing the guy off after what 18 games as a pro? Sheesh that's just crazy

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm certainly disappointed in how things have worked out so far. We have another year or two to evaluate. They may want to consider putting him in the slot and moving OS to CB. I haven't seen one game on coaches film so I don't know what they're running. They are almost certainly running multiple zone coverages. I don't know how much Kiffin uses zone coverage with some man up.

Nav22

Reaction score
I thought Jason selected this staff. It was said all off season. He gets the blame for drafting a bust.
No, no, no. Jerry gets credit when things go wrong. Anyone else gets credit when things go right.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

i love fishing

dcdallaschick

Reaction score
...because the non-cover-2 scheme was working so well, right? Can't complain that the secondary is a sieve for years, then roast them (4 games in) for making changes to actually try and fix it because there are issues/growing pains/whatever with existing personnel (and busted shoulder, yada yada).

kevm3

Reaction score
let's judge a corner his second year in after missing all of preseason and playing in a whole new defensive scheme. Remember when we should have traded Dez Bryant because he 'didn't know how to run routes' and he was a 'troublemaker'?

jwitten82

Reaction score
let's judge a corner his second year in after missing all of preseason and playing in a whole new defensive scheme. Remember when we should have traded Dez Bryant because he 'didn't know how to run routes' and he was a 'troublemaker'?

I hate when people use that comparison, Dez actually showed flashes of why people considered him a top player in that draft. Claiborne hasnt shown anything.

OhSnap

Reaction score

If you'll remember Jerry and Jason both said it was Jason that wanted to switch DC's not Jerry. Pretty sure that was a big topic for the media this past summer.