CFZ Jerry doing Jerry things

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
this may sound like a rant against Jerry, but I don't intend it to be that. its understanding the state of cowboys, so that we can understand and set our expectations of our cowboys. and I apologize in advance for the long post.

Jerry is all about marketing, fanbase, market perception, value value value. I guarantee you that the post SF game twit didn't go out without him being aware. Every move Jerry makes is about the bottom line and the business and public perception, managing it and growing the fan base and selling more Jersey's. Jerry has a good business sense. an intuition, sixth sense if you will. I give him that.

He stuck by Dak, because Jersey's were flying off the shelf. Given Dak's recent fan base hits, he can sense a market shift, so he is making moves. given the recent set backs, he is strategizing his steps. one at a time. he is waiting to see the market response and he can plan his next move with Dak and rest of the team. All these coaches firings are his response to current crisis and crisis management in his fanbase. He is a master of selling and he always sold hope. these moves are steps in the process. to generate hope to keep fan base engaged and interested. to show the fan base he is making changes. he has disappeared from the media, so he doesn't have to answer the tough questions until the tide changes to positive. in essence throwing everyone under the bus and not holding himself accountable.

There will be player moves coming. again some of it will be market driven. Do I mean every move he makes is about the market? in essence indirectly, yes, but building a successful team, that can produce a good product, intrigue, interest in fanbase, is part of that plan. a bad product is not going to sell for long. but he doesn't have to build a championship team to have that. do I mean he doesn't care about winning a championship? no, he does. but its not the top priority. its not get that at all costs.

It will be interesting to see his actions in regards to Dak, Tyron, Zeke, Lawrence and a few more. He does make these decisions sometimes personal, ala him dumping Cooper for peanuts was in essence getting back at cooper. He does have business and personal relationship with several of the players. He has touted Dak, stood by him and made him his center piece. Jerseys sold off the shelf. seats were full. money money money........now, not so much, so he has to figure out his next move. He has to figure out the story he has to tell (sell), how to sell hope for 2023. does he extend him? does he restructure?, does he stay with current contract? and impact to cap space and still be able to be competitive enough to generate interest and sell out home games...

Philly went to Superbowl, gave a large contract to their QB, then cut him, moved on, drafted well, changed coaches, rebuild the team all in 4 years. SF has rebuilt, is deep and competitive year in year out. in 4 years. both without Star, Elite QBs we covet and think is the elixir to our problems. Jerry is unable to do that. his focus is not on winning a championship at all cost. its building the most valuable franchise at any cost.

so my fellow fans. this is how it will be. I thought I came to grips with that last year. I wasn't as interested in the team earlier this year, but I got fooled once again. shame on me. perhaps a second time I will be smarter. perhaps playoff appearance and a playoff win is best we can do and will do and thus that should be our expectations. I don't think we will ever win a championship under jerry. this is not a Dak debate, because as we all know there was romo and before romo another QB and so on. and Dak will be gone and there will be the next QB, debates on this board will continue, arguments to be had and nothing will change. in essence 2022 is as good as it gets.... and that sucks.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
"I don't think we'll ever win a championship under Jerry" followed by "This is not a Dak debate".

The problem with that is we've won 3 championships under Jerry and that was because the QB position was taken seriously.

If we had even average QB play we win that game Sunday and are 1 game away from the Super Bowl right now and none of this matters.

Jerry sucks, yes, but you can't say we can't win with him as the owner because we have. You can fault him for sticking with players and coaches that don't deserve it though.

phildadon86

Reaction score
"I don't think we'll ever win a championship under Jerry" followed by "This is not a Dak debate".

The problem with that is we've won 3 championships under Jerry and that was because the QB position was taken seriously.

If we had even average QB play we win that game Sunday and are 1 game away from the Super Bowl right now and none of this matters.

Jerry sucks, yes, but you can't say we can't win with him as the owner because we have. You can fault him for sticking with players and coaches that don't deserve it though.
Jerry hired Jimmy.

That was why we won. Jerry has never taken the QB position seriously. Just like he thinks "Coaches dont matter"

The fish rots from the head on down and the head of this franchise has been rotting since Jimmy walked out those doors. Along with accountability, aggressiveness on the FA market, and culture.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
this may sound like a rant against Jerry, but I don't intend it to be that. its understanding the state of cowboys, so that we can understand and set our expectations of our cowboys. and I apologize in advance for the long post.

Jerry is all about marketing, fanbase, market perception, value value value. I guarantee you that the post SF game twit didn't go out without him being aware. Every move Jerry makes is about the bottom line and the business and public perception, managing it and growing the fan base and selling more Jersey's. Jerry has a good business sense. an intuition, sixth sense if you will. I give him that.

He stuck by Dak, because Jersey's were flying off the shelf. Given Dak's recent fan base hits, he can sense a market shift, so he is making moves. given the recent set backs, he is strategizing his steps. one at a time. he is waiting to see the market response and he can plan his next move with Dak and rest of the team. All these coaches firings are his response to current crisis and crisis management in his fanbase. He is a master of selling and he always sold hope. these moves are steps in the process. to generate hope to keep fan base engaged and interested. to show the fan base he is making changes. he has disappeared from the media, so he doesn't have to answer the tough questions until the tide changes to positive. in essence throwing everyone under the bus and not holding himself accountable.

There will be player moves coming. again some of it will be market driven. Do I mean every move he makes is about the market? in essence indirectly, yes, but building a successful team, that can produce a good product, intrigue, interest in fanbase, is part of that plan. a bad product is not going to sell for long. but he doesn't have to build a championship team to have that. do I mean he doesn't care about winning a championship? no, he does. but its not the top priority. its not get that at all costs.

It will be interesting to see his actions in regards to Dak, Tyron, Zeke, Lawrence and a few more. He does make these decisions sometimes personal, ala him dumping Cooper for peanuts was in essence getting back at cooper. He does have business and personal relationship with several of the players. He has touted Dak, stood by him and made him his center piece. Jerseys sold off the shelf. seats were full. money money money........now, not so much, so he has to figure out his next move. He has to figure out the story he has to tell (sell), how to sell hope for 2023. does he extend him? does he restructure?, does he stay with current contract? and impact to cap space and still be able to be competitive enough to generate interest and sell out home games...

Philly went to Superbowl, gave a large contract to their QB, then cut him, moved on, drafted well, changed coaches, rebuild the team all in 4 years. SF has rebuilt, is deep and competitive year in year out. in 4 years. both without Star, Elite QBs we covet and think is the elixir to our problems. Jerry is unable to do that. his focus is not on winning a championship at all cost. its building the most valuable franchise at any cost.

so my fellow fans. this is how it will be. I thought I came to grips with that last year. I wasn't as interested in the team earlier this year, but I got fooled once again. shame on me. perhaps a second time I will be smarter. perhaps playoff appearance and a playoff win is best we can do and will do and thus that should be our expectations. I don't think we will ever win a championship under jerry. this is not a Dak debate, because as we all know there was romo and before romo another QB and so on. and Dak will be gone and there will be the next QB, debates on this board will continue, arguments to be had and nothing will change. in essence 2022 is as good as it gets.... and that sucks.
I just couldn’t finish your post 0P. These are common rants. JJ Big flaw is personal evaluation we all know that. I read 100 of these critical evaluation nothing new here

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
All of these coaching changes instituted by the Dallas front office mean little or nothing as long as Jerry & Son are large and in charge. They both love to picture themselves as "football guys," despite the fact that they haven't won anything of great significance in the past two decades plus. If Jerry were to fire himself as GM, many of this team's problems would be alleviated. The same applies to Stephen as VP. Switching coaches upon occasion only serves as an attempt to whitewash the tarnished image that they have haphazardly created throughout the years. It's sad but, unfortunately, too true.

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
Jerry hired Jimmy.

That was why we won. Jerry has never taken the QB position seriously. Just like he thinks "Coaches dont matter"

The fish rots from the head on down and the head of this franchise has been rotting since Jimmy walked out those doors. Along with accountability, aggressiveness on the FA market, and culture.
This gets trotted out a lot and I have talked about this before. Jerry hired Jimmy not because he thought he was the most competent and qualified but because they were friends and Jerry was “comfortable” with him. Jimmy just happened to be competent and got us to SBs. Same as if Garrett had turned out to be a great HC and won SBs. The reason Jerry hired him would not have been because Garrett was competent and the best available, it would be because Garrett was the HC Jerry was most comfortable with.

The same incompetence, nepotism, and self centeredness that got Garrett hired is what got Jimmy hired. Jimmy just turned out to be good. It had nothing to do with Jerry bring a good GM or owner

Jerry has learned exactly nothing in 30 years about being a GM

People need to open their eyes and not parrot stuff

phildadon86

Reaction score
This gets trotted out a lot and I have talked about this before. Jerry hired Jimmy not because he thought he was the most competent and qualified but because they were friends and Jerry was “comfortable” with him. Jimmy just happened to be competent and got us to SBs. Same as if Garrett had turned out to be a great HC and won SBs. The reason Jerry hired him would not have been because Garrett was competent and the best available, it would be because Garrett was the HC Jerry was most comfortable with.

The same incompetence, nepotism, and self centeredness that got Garrett hired is what got Jimmy hired. Jimmy just turned out to be good. It had nothing to do with Jerry bring a good GM or owner

People need to open their eyes and not parrot stuff
Exactly. I agree 100 percent.

Jerry also was a huge driving force behind the salary cap.

He is 0-27 since that came into effect.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Your normal post lacks any real insight into the teams woes. It is based on Dak and Dak only. Which ignores the rest of the team and their shortcomings. But now that you actually ventured into the talking football foray, I am compelled to speak out.

Your leaving this at the door of Dak alone indicates either your bias is emotionally charged, or you don't really think deeper than the scoreboard. The reason Dallas won three championships can be attributed to Aikman. He was a great QB who could execute. But even his accuracy and leadership would not have been enough without a completely balanced team. And as that team eroded because of many reasons - the cap, Jerry taking charge, the season of recognition of talent in college because the coaching staff just came from the college ranks and were successful ended, the Walker trade which propelled the team to the top and closed down the trade with Dallas run by other teams who thought Jerry and Jimmy were rubes and could be taken advantage of: they were right about Jerry - the influx of top shelf talent stopped because Jerry didn't understand what Jimmy built and could not reproduce it.

Jerry actually said in public, in front of the press, after one of the worst drafts this team ever had, he just successfully had a special teams draft. And this is why the fall occurred, and why the rebuild has taken 27 years and still is unsuccessful.

And this Dallas team under Dak has been balanced perhaps once, and that was his rookie campaign.

The 9ers game was not lost by Dak. He didn't help, but the loss occurred in the front office, as it has since Jimmy left. An example was the defense getting gashed by the run. There were two interior defenders on the open market. They both went to the Eagles. Jerry hesitated because he doesn't recognize the problems with this team. Every player has limitations. Including Aikman, Emmitt, and Irvin. The skill of a GM and head coach marriage is to identify those limitations and fit that player within the over-all scheme to succeed.

You can see this with Jerry's move this last off season giving away Cooper. Then doing absolutely nothing to replace him. We all saw the WR corps fail like a dumb kid in algebra before Cooper was brought in here. Jerry paid too much, but that move alone produced results. Now this last off season he jettisons Cooper, leaving Cee Dee and a hand full of beans. Gallup was re-upped, and has one more season with me to see if he is completely healed before I discount him. He doesn't seem to be the player he once was. But this squad took a big hit, and Jerry did nothing but rely on his football acumen to put this team in a position to fail.

But it doesn't stop there. Like the defensive line, the offensive line has been on a slow retrograde for several years. Tyron has been counted as an anchor of this line for too long. And his injuries are an indication Jerry doesn't have a long term plan. Biadisz is serviceable. McGovern is not. He is a different version of Connor Williams. They hit a home run with Tyler Smith, but the real tell tale sign Jerry, who brags he is the decision maker, had no plan for injury. Steele went down and this line's effectiveness went down as well.

The team lost the running game, which is at the core of why they lost the game against the 9ers. Once Pollard went down in that contest, it was game, set, match. Aikman could not have stood in that crumbling pocket and led this team to the promised land. Much less - and what did you say in your commentary?

And nothing could be further from the truth. Dak is an above average QB. He is serviceable if you control the chaos around him. Now the usual suspect rush up and say all QB's are harassed. And that has some truth. He is not top five, but you don't need top five to win it all. And Dallas does not have the cards to get a top five QB because they win much more than they lose. So all the grousing about Dak is venting because you have yet to actually put forth a scenario where they can get one of these top five QB's. Instead you toss out the average QB comment, which was a mistake on your part. Because that is incorrect.

The examples of his play have been shown this year when he successfully beat teams over .500. Those games found you to be conspicuously quiet after he beat the Eagles. They have a competent line, but the running game worked that day and that allowed the passing game to thrive. While the Bucs were not an above .500 team, they have a pretty savage defensive line. And yet Dak whipped their butts. Another game where you were silent after the results.

But the final straw to all of this is Jerry does not have the insight into building a winner. A winner in December and January, and into February. A complete team who stops the run, closes out the passing game, puts a top flight running game on the field along with an aggressive passing game.

January games are won by teams who are complete. Take Pollard out of the mix and all hope was lost because Dallas could not answer the bell once the 9ers scored at the turn of the 4th quarter.

Or to make this simple for understanding, subtract McCaffrey from the 9ers in the second quarter and keep Pollard injury free and Dallas wins a very close game. Not because of Purdy sitting behind a line in the second half without disruption. Or two picks by Dak. But because Dallas would no longer be a one dimensional team.

Some people are impressed by the icebergs. Others understand there is more to it than what's on top.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Your normal post lacks any real insight into the teams woes. It is based on Dak and Dak only. Which ignores the rest of the team and their shortcomings. But now that you actually ventured into the talking football foray, I am compelled to speak out.

Your leaving this at the door of Dak alone indicates either your bias is emotionally charged, or you don't really think deeper than the scoreboard. The reason Dallas won three championships can be attributed to Aikman. He was a great QB who could execute. But even his accuracy and leadership would not have been enough without a completely balanced team. And as that team eroded because of many reasons - the cap, Jerry taking charge, the season of recognition of talent in college because the coaching staff just came from the college ranks and were successful ended, the Walker trade which propelled the team to the top and closed down the trade with Dallas run by other teams who thought Jerry and Jimmy were rubes and could be taken advantage of: they were right about Jerry - the influx of top shelf talent stopped because Jerry didn't understand what Jimmy built and could not reproduce it.

Jerry actually said in public, in front of the press, after one of the worst drafts this team ever had, he just successfully had a special teams draft. And this is why the fall occurred, and why the rebuild has taken 27 years and still is unsuccessful.

And this Dallas team under Dak has been balanced perhaps once, and that was his rookie campaign.

The 9ers game was not lost by Dak. He didn't help, but the loss occurred in the front office, as it has since Jimmy left. An example was the defense getting gashed by the run. There were two interior defenders on the open market. They both went to the Eagles. Jerry hesitated because he doesn't recognize the problems with this team. Every player has limitations. Including Aikman, Emmitt, and Irvin. The skill of a GM and head coach marriage is to identify those limitations and fit that player within the over-all scheme to succeed.

You can see this with Jerry's move this last off season giving away Cooper. Then doing absolutely nothing to replace him. We all saw the WR corps fail like a dumb kid in algebra before Cooper was brought in here. Jerry paid too much, but that move alone produced results. Now this last off season he jettisons Cooper, leaving Cee Dee and a hand full of beans. Gallup was re-upped, and has one more season with me to see if he is completely healed before I discount him. He doesn't seem to be the player he once was. But this squad took a big hit, and Jerry did nothing but rely on his football acumen to put this team in a position to fail.

But it doesn't stop there. Like the defensive line, the offensive line has been on a slow retrograde for several years. Tyron has been counted as an anchor of this line for too long. And his injuries are an indication Jerry doesn't have a long term plan. Biadisz is serviceable. McGovern is not. He is a different version of Connor Williams. They hit a home run with Tyler Smith, but the real tell tale sign Jerry, who brags he is the decision maker, had no plan for injury. Steele went down and this line's effectiveness went down as well.

The team lost the running game, which is at the core of why they lost the game against the 9ers. Once Pollard went down in that contest, it was game, set, match. Aikman could not have stood in that crumbling pocket and led this team to the promised land. Much less - and what did you say in your commentary?

And nothing could be further from the truth. Dak is an above average QB. He is serviceable if you control the chaos around him. Now the usual suspect rush up and say all QB's are harassed. And that has some truth. He is not top five, but you don't need top five to win it all. And Dallas does not have the cards to get a top five QB because they win much more than they lose. So all the grousing about Dak is venting because you have yet to actually put forth a scenario where they can get one of these top five QB's. Instead you toss out the average QB comment, which was a mistake on your part. Because that is incorrect.

The examples of his play have been shown this year when he successfully beat teams over .500. Those games found you to be conspicuously quiet after he beat the Eagles. They have a competent line, but the running game worked that day and that allowed the passing game to thrive. While the Bucs were not an above .500 team, they have a pretty savage defensive line. And yet Dak whipped their butts. Another game where you were silent after the results.

But the final straw to all of this is Jerry does not have the insight into building a winner. A winner in December and January, and into February. A complete team who stops the run, closes out the passing game, puts a top flight running game on the field along with an aggressive passing game.

January games are won by teams who are complete. Take Pollard out of the mix and all hope was lost because Dallas could not answer the bell once the 9ers scored at the turn of the 4th quarter.

Or to make this simple for understanding, subtract McCaffrey from the 9ers in the second quarter and keep Pollard injury free and Dallas wins a very close game. Not because of Purdy sitting behind a line in the second half without disruption. Or two picks by Dak. But because Dallas would no longer be a one dimensional team.

Some people are impressed by the icebergs. Others understand there is more to it than what's on top.
Can I get the cliff notes version, please?

If you're just defending our bad QB then I have no desire to read even the cliff notes though.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Jerry hired Jimmy.

It is repulsive to give Jerry credit for those 3 Super Bowls. If he had a huge impact in building a Super Bowl roster...we would not have gone 28 years without making it to a NFC title game.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score

Jerry doing Jerry things? Every year we hear Posters Here. ------>:facepalm:Posters Doing Poster Things :facepalm:
Jerry Been Doing Jerry things since he bought the Cowboys..
Look, Get over it and except the fact Jerry is going to be Jerry doing Jerry things and will never sale the team.

Oh by the way, I didn't even read your Post other than your Headline..:lmao:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Jerry gets credit for the first 3 super bowl wins. He hired Jimmy. He facilitated a complete team make over. It was what was needed at the time and it paid off huge. He also gets credit for the next 27 years of failure. If you want to know the single biggest example of the difference between then and now it is the Walker trade. Something like that would never happen now and it clearly was not a Jerry type of move. Someone else was large and in charge and it wasn't clown show boy.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

perhaps I should clarify that. we will not win another champtionship under Jerry.

better now?

and that QB you love to comment about is here because of Jerry.

but I know you like to argue....I got you ;)

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I was thinking this thread was about Jerry getting the part bus out again and working on another illegitimate child.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Can I get the cliff notes version, please?

If you're just defending our bad QB then I have no desire to read even the cliff notes though.
Dak lives in your head rent free. you are so obsessed that's its at times a little concerning.

he didn't talk about Dak or defend Dak, there was a lot more in there.

but I get your point, you have trouble following a long thread. you are stuck on cliff notes only, which btw, explains a lot. very revealing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That's all you needed to say.

Thank you for sparing me from reading more defense of our bad QB.
hmmm, reading comprehension problem..... this is how you are these days...some body says Door, you see D and you say Dak and then you comment Dak and Dak only..

someone said Alone, you see A, Dak has A in it, so its about Dak.

someone says Kool, you see K and Dak has K in it so its about Dak

dude, you are so obsessed. blinded by this obsession. and add your ego on top of it and its not a good combination. not healthy

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Jerry doing Jerry things? Every year we hear Posters Here. ------>:facepalm:Posters Doing Poster Things :facepalm:
Jerry Been Doing Jerry things since he bought the Cowboys..
Look, Get over it and except the fact Jerry is going to be Jerry doing Jerry things and will never sale the team.

Oh by the way, I didn't even read your Post other than your Headline..:lmao:
thank you. appreciate it. ;)