News: Jerry: Gallup unlikely to play in season opener

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
we knew this back in janurary

i dont expect him until after the bye

Actually expect him back around week three or four. He's been medically cleared, now it's a matter of getting him into football shape and getting him some practice reps.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Should have been on PUP ?? Miss first 4 games, open a roster spot?

Reactions: BAT

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Whenever Gallup does return he’s not very likely to hit the ground running. It’s going take time for him to return form if he even does this season. It usually takes a receiver a full year to get back to where they were after an ACL. There’s no assurances Gallup ever does return to form.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm fine with Gallup missing the first couple of games. I look forward to the challenge placed on the other WRs to fill his absence.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Whoa -- it seems Jerry is full of surprises -- I never would have guessed he'd see fit to resist starting him in game one! Good decision!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
No surprise.....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...opener-as-cowboys-take-conservative-approach/

Jerry Jones: Michael Gallup unlikely to play season opener as Cowboys take conservative approach
Posted by Charean Williams on August 31, 2022, 9:07 PM EDT
Without him going on short-term ir, you would think there is a real chance he suits up within the first 4 games of the season. Now he could return on a more part time basis as they ease him in, but he should be close to returning.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He went from definitely out to "unlikely".

They about to rush our boy back too soon aren't they?