News: Jerry: Gallup unlikely to play in season opener

Carson

Reaction score
He shouldn't play until he is fully healthy.
They won’t clear him unless he is healthy. He will have to be cleared by the medical staff. I just think they are trying to be creative when in reality he’s out until later in the season.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
They won’t clear him unless he is healthy. He will have to be cleared by the medical staff. I just think they are trying to be creative when in reality he’s out until later in the season.
I thought he was cleared?

Did I not see the a couple days ago? Or was it something else?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who needs the guy ? Daks going to be running for his life most of the game anyway....... unless Jason Peters miraculously shows up in mid season form.

J-man

Reaction score

He passed his physical, so he's cleared to practice/play.
But he will need time to get his feet under him so to speak. They will ramp him up from here. At this stage I'd say week 3.

Everyone is different I get it and if he is fully recovered ok, but IMO, and I'm speaking with some experience having torn both ACL's, they should have put him on the PUP and then started his ramp up. To me, this seems way to fast. I don't want to risk him getting re-injured.

JayFord

Reaction score
I like Jerry i really do

but i dont want to hear HIS timetable.....his timetable is
monday - he'll start
tuesday - we're evaluating
wednesday - crickets
thursday - its not looking like he will play
friday - we're evaluating
saturday - crickets
sunday at 8am - he may play.....10am....hes gonna test it out .......1pm....he's not playing

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's Dr. Jones to you.

original.gif

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's Dr. Jones to you.

how many Dr do we have here? lol People saying he should be out 5 to 6 weeks? Based on what? Dallas does have a medical staff who worked with Gallup, I think they may have a better clue than anyone here. As for Jerry he gets this information from the training staff.

quickccc

Reaction score
ACL recovery, i'm not for rushing him back anyway. .

i'm glad they are at least taking some kinda safe, conservative approach.
He's had a really tough time with injuries last year,

Its just that we don't have that Cedrick Wilson luxury while Gallup is out.
and I still have concerns about Gallup return to form in just one year.

We are really gonna need the developmental types to emerge .. ala Jalen Tolbert .. Simi Fehoko..

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
how many Dr do we have here? lol People saying he should be out 5 to 6 weeks? Based on what? Dallas does have a medical staff who worked with Gallup, I think they may have a better clue than anyone here. As for Jerry he gets this information from the training staff.
One would hope....

conner01

Reaction score

Sydla

Reaction score
I am prepared for this to be a weekly thing, where Jerry claims he's close but not quite there and then like in Week 6 or 7, Gallup finally plays.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Passed his physical. As I read it, it's not the same thing as being cleared to start all football activities.

Right.
Gallup said himself, next he needs to start running routes, or more complex routes, or something like that.
And that it is still up to the medical staff and trainers.

He did not mention if Dr. Jerry is on that staff. :laugh:

Rayman70

Reaction score
shocking I tell ya. BTW...we paid him KNOWING THIS. We let Ced walk.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I am prepared for this to be a weekly thing, where Jerry claims he's close but not quite there and then like in Week 6 or 7, Gallup finally plays.

It's all good.

We have like 9 or 10 pro bowl type guys stashed on our practice squad.