Jerry hints at doing more at DL before the season

fivetwos

Reaction score
It’s hilarious how August is when they focus on player acquisition.
Lol right….exactly.

The one team that relies on only the draft to improve is going to give away picks instead of adding players for money only during the off-season.

And they wonder why their grand plan to outsmart the rest of the league never adds up. Other GMs must sniff Jerry coming miles away.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Sounds like the Cowboys aren't done trying to improve their defensive line. Jerry Jones on @1053thefan while talking about some of their recent defensive line additions: "Sometimes in the interior (defensive) line, you get a chance to do some things with other clubs right at the end of training camp, in that area. What you're seeing right now is important. It's important to see these guys take reps. But tonight won't be the final pieces to the puzzle."

I suppose when you're adding beef to stop the run there's some trade-off but man those DL are looking slow!

Creeper

Reaction score
We'll have to see what happens next week, but I thought Phillips and Rogers played well last night. Rogers looks like he has some push. He's not the quickest guy on the field but if he can hold his ground he might be good enough. Daxon and Huggins look okay. Huggins played a lot better last night than he did against the Rams. But none of these guys are anything more than JAGs. How many DTs do they keep. They will keep Phillips, Osa, and Mazi for sure. Maybe they keep 2 more? For Me Rogers would be a keeper. Daxon would be the cut. Maybe he goes to the practice squad..

Then how many DEs do they keep. Kneeland, Lawrence, Lawson, Golston, Fehoko Muhammad and Tyrus Wheat are who they have now. Wheat is probably one odd man out. I could see them going with 5 DTs and 5 DEs.

If they sign another DT, I think Huggins will be the cut.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We'll have to see what happens next week, but I thought Phillips and Rogers played well last night. Rogers looks like he has some push. He's not the quickest guy on the field but if he can hold his ground he might be good enough. Daxon and Huggins look okay. Huggins played a lot better last night than he did against the Rams. But none of these guys are anything more than JAGs. How many DTs do they keep. They will keep Phillips, Osa, and Mazi for sure. Maybe they keep 2 more? For Me Rogers would be a keeper. Daxon would be the cut. Maybe he goes to the practice squad..

Then how many DEs do they keep. Kneeland, Lawrence, Lawson, Golston, Fehoko Muhammad and Tyrus Wheat are who they have now. Wheat is probably one odd man out. I could see them going with 5 DTs and 5 DEs.

If they sign another DT, I think Huggins will be the cut.
I dont' think phillips played last night, I was looking for him. I know the guy that pushed the coach at practice played, Dixon, and Rodgers played a lot

Creeper

Reaction score
I dont' think phillips played last night, I was looking for him. I know the guy that pushed the coach at practice played, Dixon, and Rodgers played a lot
Phillips did play. Not long though. He had I think 8 snaps on the first defensive series of the game. He was wearing #98.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Cowboys have legit OL depth.

They could trade a piece away and it wouldn’t hurt them.

If you can bolster the DT spot I’d do it.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
…theres something in the air. I can feel it in my loins….

lwehlers

Reaction score

Sounds like the Cowboys aren't done trying to improve their defensive line. Jerry Jones on @1053thefan while talking about some of their recent defensive line additions: "Sometimes in the interior (defensive) line, you get a chance to do some things with other clubs right at the end of training camp, in that area. What you're seeing right now is important. It's important to see these guys take reps. But tonight won't be the final pieces to the puzzle."

this is zimmers doing. he wants bigger defensive lineman then what quinn liked to have and he trying to get the jones to buy in his system.

lwehlers

Reaction score
March was the time to do that but Jerry was busy.
that would have required to actually spend money to get real defensive lineman instead of retreads the jones like to pay. so we just have to settle for the bargains and just hope that they give something to help the team.