Jerry is on the phone!!!

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I'm listening to 790 the ticket here in Miami and the lastest rumor is Roy Williams to Dallas, Patrick Crayton to Miami, because there WR corps is dreadful and the lions would get a draft pick in exchange. Rumors usually turn out to be nothing but wasted hot air, but Jerry is turning over every rock to improve the team.

sharph20

Reaction score
If we get roy williams for patrick crayton straight up, that is a hell of a deal.

Boysboy

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;2333229 said:
I'm listening to 790 the ticket here in Miami and the lastest rumor is Roy Williams to Dallas, Patrick Crayton to Miami, because there WR corps is dreadful and the lions would get a draft pick in exchange. Rumors usually turn out to be nothing but wasted hot air, but Jerry is turning over every rock to improve the team.

Well-790 the ticket obviously has no time but to twiddle their thumbs b/c Patrick Crayton ain't going anywhere-he signed a big extension last year, and we would be taking a CAP HIT if we dump him.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
hell when your team is suppose to be in a shootout with a team that has a horrible pass defense, and you score 7 points at half. You'd be on the phone too.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Boysboy;2333235 said:
Well-790 the ticket obviously has no time but to twiddle their thumbs b/c Patrick Crayton ain't going anywhere-he signed a big extension last year, and we would be taking a CAP HIT if we dump him.

And?

Let's see

Cap hit +Roy Williams

Or

No Cap Hit and Crayton

That's a real hard choice right there.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dargonking999;2333240 said:
And?

Let's see

Cap hit +Roy Williams

Or

No Cap Hit and Crayton

That's a real hard choice right there.

The cap hit would be pretty significant, one would think.

I agree-I want Crayton gone, but NOT at this expense.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Boysboy;2333245 said:
The cap hit would be pretty significant, one would think.

I agree-I want Crayton gone, but NOT at this expense.

Not really, seeing as how he was just a #3/2 WR his contract was not as big as you think. Therefore there was not alot of G.M money, and therefore since this is a trade, the cap hit would most likely be worth the quailty of Reciever we're getting in return

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
dargonking999;2333251 said:
Not really, seeing as how he was just a #3/2 WR his contract was not as big as you think. Therefore there was not alot of G.M money, and therefore since this is a trade, the cap hit would most likely be worth the quailty of Reciever we're getting in return

i know it was 5 years i just don't think it was big time money.... well worth getting Roy for.

Cowboy_4_Life

Reaction score
Think about this for a second. T.O. is our most feared receiver. They double him every game. Well, that leaves man to man with some of our other receivers and tight ends.

If T.O. is doubled covered and we still can't get the ball to our other receivers and have to dump the ball down to Marion Barber then that means our receivers are not getting open.

THAT MEANS OUR RECEIVERS CAN'T GET OPEN WITH MAN TO MAN COVERAGE!!

We need another play maker on the other side of T.O. PERIOD!!

nflandbooze

Reaction score
No metion of Roy signing a new deal first? I would suspect that would be a necessary prerquisate of a guy that's going to be a FA after this season.

superpunk

Reaction score
Crayton's contract had 6 mil in guaranteed money, which is what would accelerate to the cap if he was traded. I assume the full amount would hit this year's cap.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
nflandbooze;2333258 said:
No metion of Roy signing a new deal first? I would suspect that would be a necessary prerquisate of a guy that's going to be a FA after this season.

A player who is under contract with another team, can not talk about a new deal with a different team, until he becomes a part of that team

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
who would the draft pick come from... would we send a pick to Miami too if they sent the first to Detroit.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
superpunk;2333260 said:
Crayton's contract had 6 mil in guaranteed money, which is what would accelerate to the cap if he was traded. I assume the full amount would hit this year's cap.

6mil +Roy

Or Crayton with 6mil in the pocket

I just can't choose!!!!!!!!

(BTW thanks superpunk your so uberly cool)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish the problem was with Crayton and not the guy trying to get the ball to Crayton, but anywho. Here's what PFT said.

COWBOYS TO SNIFF AROUND THE OTHER ROY WILLIAMS?

Posted by Mike Florio on October 13, 2008, 10:26 a.m.​

With one Roy Williams already on the roster in Dallas, the Cowboys could soon be sniffing around another one.​

But if the Cowboys are going to try to add Lions receiver Roy Williams to the team, something needs to happen before 4:00 p.m. EDT on Tuesday.​

The Lions, however, reportedly want too much for Williams, who is scheduled to be a free agent after the season. With G.M. Martin Mayhew and COO Tom Lewand hoping to build a case to keep their jobs after the current season, the chances of that happening get slimmer if Williams isn’t on the team.​

The question becomes how badly the Cowboys want him. If they’re willing to give up more now than what the Lions expect to get by slapping the franchise tag on Williams in February and trading him out from under it, the Cowboys might get him.​

But what would it take? A first-rounder? A one and a three?​

Our guess is that the Lions would also like to add a player who can come in and immediately help. One possibility would be to include receiver Patrick Crayton in the package, since the Cowboys really wouldn’t need Crayton given the development of Miles Austin.​

And if the Cowboys are willing to part with Crayton in order to get Williams, a three-way trade would become a possibility, given that Bill Parcells would surely love to add Crayton to a so-so receiving corps in Miami.​

Still, too much needs to happen in less than 30 hours. Even if the Cowboys make a call to Motown, a trade likely won’t happen, unless the Cowboys are desperate.​

Based on Sunday’s loss at Arizona, maybe the Cowboys should be desperate.​