Jerry is right in balking on Dak Deal

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lance did not look bad. He was not great, but certainly not bad. He needs to settle down a bit with the high throws and velocity on them.
How many times would have Dak been sacked if he was back there behind the poor OL pass protection.

Dak lovers thumping their chest over that game. Lance fail over team improvement fans.
With all due respect, JC...

What a very sad take.

Clearly, you (and those liking your sad comment) have forgotten how good Dak was at evading sacks when he was 24ish years old (Lance's age). Difference is Dak was a big time playmaker dodging pass rushers in the backfield, staying on his feet, pulling off acrobatic moves to find the open receiver and hitting them in the chest for big gains. Something Lance can not do.

THAT is the huge difference between Dak Prescott and Trey Lance. Lance doesn't even touch Dak's knees when it comes to ability and results.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry would love nothing but to get burned again, Dak is about to get a record deal, this is so clear (sarcasm)
If that happens it will be the biggest heist since the Great Train Robbery in '63. Dak and his agent might as well be wearing masks. If Jerry folds and pays that extortion, he will deserve another decade of the past decades of playoff failure.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has been baby-sat for 8 years….
That's what you have to do when as he's psychologically speaking weak and unable to carry the load that comes with the job.
Why do you think he sits alone on the bench looking lost to the world?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If that happens it will be the biggest heist since the Great Train Robbery in '63. Dak and his agent might as well be wearing masks. If Jerry folds and pays that extortion, he will deserve another decade of the past decades of playoff failure.
Amen to this

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak had any notable playoff success to note, I and Jerry would have no problem with the Cowboys paying him the Market Rate, $55+ million.
But, he was already paid a $160 million dollar contract and achieved nothing.
I can't fault Jerry for hesitating in extending Dak at $55-60 million for 6 years.
He's been burned too many times giving big long term contracts for no return.
It more than playoffs
Every time he faces a above average, even a top 15 defense he folds. He's going to be seeing a few this season and a couple coordinators in division who know his weaknesses.
This is why I keep saying he'd be better off seeking a multi year deal elsewhere NOW.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Just get ready for rebuilding when Dak is not here. Watch the complaining continue for the next 5 years of this team sucking. Jerry has no plan after Dak.