Jerry is right in handling Dak non-extension

Jkyle

Reaction score
I think Jerry is correct in how he's handling Dak's extension.
Jerry realizes that Dak is a good/decent QB but he knows that he hasn't earned a contract among the Top QB's.
Jerry must know that the Cowboys Fanbase is getting very disenchanted with Dak and don't see him as someone to lead this team to the Super Bowl.
He has to be very weary about locking the Franchise into a enormous contract for a QB that could be done after this year. By Done I mean if he doesn't lead this team to a far advancement in the playoffs, the fanbase and the team/players will be totally done with him. It would be foolish to give him an extension knowing that. The team will be on the hook for the $100+ in guaranteed money which would put this team further into cap Hell for years to come.
The best case scenario would be to have Dak play out the current contract and if he produces Playoff success, then the Cowboys can feel more comfortable in offering him a big contract. The fanbase will be more accepting too if that should happen. If he decides to try Free Agency route instead, then so be it.
As of now, he hasn't done anything to justify it.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think Jerry is correct in how he's handling Dak's extension.
Jerry realizes that Dak is a good/decent QB but he knows that he hasn't earned a contract among the Top QB's.
Jerry must know that the Cowboys Fanbase is getting very disenchanted with Dak and don't see him as someone to lead this team to the Super Bowl.
He has to be very weary about locking the Franchise into a enormous contract for a QB that could be done after this year. By Done I mean if he doesn't lead this team to a far advancement in the playoffs, the fanbase and the team/players will be totally done with him. It would be foolish to give him an extension knowing that. The team will be on the hook for the $100+ in guaranteed money which would put this team further into cap Hell for years to come.
The best case scenario would be to have Dak play out the current contract and if he produces Playoff success, then the Cowboys can feel more comfortable in offering him a big contract. The fanbase will be more accepting too if that should happen. If he decides to try Free Agency route instead, then so be it.
As of now, he hasn't done anything to justify it.
Hopefully he's realizing all of this, and realizes what happened the time when he paid all that money to him, and how Dak made him give him what he wanted. The tables have turned, let's see if Jerry is strong enough to hold on!!