News: Jerry isn't making any decision soon

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...s-jerry-jones-not-complaining-about-riches-qb

FRISCO, Texas – Tony Romo has undergone the scheduled MRI on his back, and everything appears to check out for a healthy return.

“The result was just as we expected, and he can really – I’ll put it like this, he has no more concern about this injury that has sideline him this year,” said Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones on Tuesday morning.

Jones spoke about Romo at length to 105.3 FM The Fan in Dallas on Tuesday morning, covering a wide range of topics about the injured quarterback. It’s been roughly six weeks since Romo broke a vertebrae in his back during the preseason. With the MRI showing positive results, Jones said it’s simply a matter of working the veteran quarterback into shape.

“I would remind us the doctors have said, once healed, this injury will have no going forward impact on his ability to play football,” Jones said. “It should be as strong or stronger than it was before the injury. What you’re into is getting him to get his core, his core and back area back in shape as he’s had to do for the last several years.”

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it's my team, this is the stance I take, too. Put off Romo's return publicly as long as you can, get as much data on Dak's play as you can, and then decide if you want Romo coming back for PHI or CLE. But give the impression there's a long delay no matter what to try at least to limit the potentially distracting talk about a QB controversy.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...s-jerry-jones-not-complaining-about-riches-qb

FRISCO, Texas – Tony Romo has undergone the scheduled MRI on his back, and everything appears to check out for a healthy return.

“The result was just as we expected, and he can really – I’ll put it like this, he has no more concern about this injury that has sideline him this year,” said Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones on Tuesday morning.

Jones spoke about Romo at length to 105.3 FM The Fan in Dallas on Tuesday morning, covering a wide range of topics about the injured quarterback. It’s been roughly six weeks since Romo broke a vertebrae in his back during the preseason. With the MRI showing positive results, Jones said it’s simply a matter of working the veteran quarterback into shape.

“I would remind us the doctors have said, once healed, this injury will have no going forward impact on his ability to play football,” Jones said. “It should be as strong or stronger than it was before the injury. What you’re into is getting him to get his core, his core and back area back in shape as he’s had to do for the last several years.”
I don't buy that anymore, at least not in Romo's case.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't buy that anymore, at least not in Romo's case.
A bone that is truly "HEALED" is stronger, but like last year it wasnt healed so it broke easily
That is why if tony took this year off, next year he would be ready to go for sure, and just work on getting in top shape.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
If it's my team, this is the stance I take, too. Put off Romo's return publicly as long as you can, get as much data on Dak's play as you can, and then decide if you want Romo coming back for PHI or CLE. But give the impression there's a long delay no matter what to try at least to limit the potentially distracting talk about a QB controversy.

If they'll mislead people regarding the health of an offensive lineman, it's a safe bet there will be misdirection regarding their QB.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
yes but jerry also said this:
Here is the bottom line explained to me by Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on Sunday afternoon: "We love Dak. We appreciate what he is doing. I have never had a quarterback prepare like he does. There is no one that matches his preparation in my history of owning the Cowboys. Can he continue to win games in the regular season? We sure think so. But is Tony Romo going to give us the best chance to win a Super Bowl? We think so."

So they are going to put tony back in at some point I guess like denver did with manning, even if dak is 12-1 lol
That is going to be crazy.

Not what you want to say to motivate your young qb who has won 4 in a row is it ??

Air Force One

Reaction score
Not what you want to say to motivate your young qb who has won 4 in a row is it ??

I'm not concerned about that comment. Dak is smart enough to know certain things must be said(team politics). Plus, it IS a stretch to think that a rookie QB could take us to the SB. Every week though it seems less a stretch, I admit.