Twitter: Jerry: "I've got a lot to think about regarding these coaches."

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I don't remember seeing their punter much. At one point they scored on every possession....if Jimmy G was able to hit open receivers and not throw a stupid pick the game really would've been out of control. But thanks to that it gives us false hope that this defense was different but ultimately the defense fell victim to the same thing past teams have fell victim to. Can't stop the run under Maranelli, can't stop it under Nolan and still can't stop it under Quinn. We were lead to believe this was because of Jaylon but personnel has changed and issues remain the same. This defense is useless if they can't figure that out because every time isn't going to play to our strength's...
I could say if Dak was able to hit open receivers and not throw a stupid pick...the outcome may have been different.

Listen, I am not calling this defense the '85 Bears. The defensive coordinator was in his first year with this group and we were led by a rookie. They played well enough for this EXPENSIVE offense to have won the game. This offense had 7 total points after 7 drives. That is flat out unacceptable.

rags747

Reaction score
I would settle for no GM hire but him giving up on trying to take a backup QB with no coaching experience and turn him into Tom Landry.

Landry coached under Lombardi.

Garrett and Moore coached hardly at all before being handed control of the entire offense.
Where did Landry coach under Lombardi? Both were coaches with the Giants.

mardwin

Reaction score
I'd hardly call Mike McCarthy and Jason Garrett 2 head coaches.......one is out of work and the other one was out of work until Jerry came calling.

1 has more rings than any other coach available. If a new coach comes in, that coach will probably demand that he gets to choose his own QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I could say if Dak was able to hit open receivers and not throw a stupid pick...the outcome may have been different.

Listen, I am not calling this defense the '85 Bears. The defensive coordinator was in his first year with this group and we were led by a rookie. They played well enough for this EXPENSIVE offense to have won the game. This offense had 7 total points after 7 drives. That is flat out unacceptable.

You came away from that game and thought if Dak was able to hit open receivers the outcome would've been different? So if Dak hit the receivers we wouldn't have had 14 penalties? Or we would've been able to stop the run? :laugh::omg: You can't be serious.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He just wants to be in the news, he's being vague just to be vague.
Bingo! He's not going to fire anyone. He's going to wait it out while the staff members being interviewed for other jobs elsewhere and by that time tempers will have cooled. If anyone decides to take a job elsewhere, they will be replaced, and then the same ole cycle mediocrity will start all over again. The old man is too old to endure a rebuild of this team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What does this have to do with me saying we just wasted the best roster we will have for the next 3 years?

I didn't say this roster was better than 2007 or 2014.
I was just reminding you the best rosters this organization have had was in 2007 and 2014....I don't think you were watching Cowboys back then so I was just reminding you.

JustChip

Reaction score
If Moore and Quinn get gigs elsewhere, I think MM is gone.
I would be surprised. That’s the perfect scenario for him to blame the outgoing coaches, not necessarily publicly, but in his mind (which is a scary place for sure). He’ll give McCarthy one more year because he doesn’t have the ability to admit a mistake so quickly.

mardwin

Reaction score
Best rosters we have had is 2007 and 2014...helmed by Romo and resulted in playoff losses in their 1st appearance in the playoffs.

I don't know about that.

QB - Average
RB - Average
O-Line Average
TE - Average
WR - Good

DL - Above Average
LB - Good (Thank you Micah)
Corners - Above Average
Safeties - Average
Kicker - Bad

This team wasn't going anywhere, just because Jerry is paying them like elite players don't make them so.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Where did Landry coach under Lombardi? Both were coaches with the Giants.
Right sorry....before my time.

At least he had some coaching experience is the point.

Jerry wants to handpick someone that dazzles him with a little football talk and create a 30 year coach that he can push around and will know his place.

Those two aren't going to go hand in hand and he doesnt seem to get that.

Say it's "not in our best interest" to talk about coaches status.

It's not in the teams best interest to talk at ALL but he won't do that.

Just some examples of things he thinks he can pull off in the NFL because he has made all these great business deals.

Doesn't work that way.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if Jerry fires coaches. He would be the one to choose another one. And he wants control. A coach can't do his or her job like that. And Jerry makes personnel decisions and that resulted in the crap contract Dak got and the cap situation we are. The only way to truly turn this around would be to hire a GM, give that person true control and let that person make decisions. That won't happen because Jerry wants the credit. Funny thing is, he would get credit for that if it worked for the team.

Xavier187

Reaction score
I'll say this

There is a slight rumor going around Sean Payton wants outta New Orleans.

And that the Cowboys might be able to pry him away with a trade.

Sean Payton gets to the Cowboys McCarthy gone. Do what ever you can to retain Quinn hope like crazy Moore gets a JOB. Wonder if we could do a Moore for Payton swap?
Then find our new OC wouldnt mind Josh McCown