Recap: Jerry Jones 1053thefan recap - 12/3/13

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am VERY anxious to see how this works out the rest of the year. It would be wonderful if he proves to be an asset to our team after so many wrote him off last summer.

No kidding. I wasn't high on the guy going back to his first camp, but we've heard for a while now that the new defensive coaches like him. It's be huge if it turned out that SAM was his spot. Especially if he can give us anything at all in terms of an extra pass rush.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Is it the standard around the NFL to keep 4 RBs? Tells you what they think of tanner and randle.

Wilbur should've been playing LBer all along. I'm glad he's taking advantage of his opportunity. Hopefully he sticks, bc Durant won't be in Big D past 2014.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
One thing you can be sure from Jerry. He loves himself some Romo...

The answer provided above about Garrett and December seems to me to indicate a make-or-break for him. He was kind of vague and waiting to see...

Yea, I noticed that too.

He basically said that having a healthy Romo and still sucking was disturbing........................If we again are sitting home come playoff time and Romo is sitting on the couch next to Jerry eating popcorn..............not going to look good for Opie.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Yea, I noticed that too.

He basically said that having a healthy Romo and still sucking was disturbing........................If we again are sitting home come playoff time and Romo is sitting on the couch next to Jerry eating popcorn..............not going to look good for Opie.

Jerry is delusional about Romo. It even creeps me out to hear him talk about Romo, because he talks about him like he is an impersonal tool of some sort.... "Well, as long as we have us a Romo....."

Romo is good, Romo is not a ticket to the playoffs, and sometimes Romo has made the devastating play that sealed the fact that we weren't going to the playoffs (Just last season).

I'm looking forward to the day when the 71 year old Jones will no longer be involved on the football side of things. It may be 20 years, but that day IS coming, it WILL arrive. We can't be held hostage forever.

links18

Reaction score
Jerry is delusional about Romo. It even creeps me out to hear him talk about Romo, because he talks about him like he is an impersonal tool of some sort.... "Well, as long as we have us a Romo....."

Romo is good, Romo is not a ticket to the playoffs, and sometimes Romo has made the devastating play that sealed the fact that we weren't going to the playoffs (Just last season).

I'm looking forward to the day when the 71 year old Jones will no longer be involved on the football side of things. It may be 20 years, but that day IS coming, it WILL arrive. We can't be held hostage forever.

Do you think Stephen will be any better?

coult44

Reaction score
The entire interview is proof JJ is not only the GM, but very involved in coaching decisions. RIDICULOUS!!!!

rcaldw

Reaction score
The entire interview is proof JJ is not only the GM, but very involved in coaching decisions. RIDICULOUS!!!!

I really don't think he is involved in coaching decisions. I'm not even convinced he is that involved in personnel decisions. I think he simply wants everyone to KNOW that he is in charge, and to THINK that he knows football and makes these decisions.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I will never understand why dunbar wasn't used. It was nuts. they spent the whole spring and summer talking about what the guy could do and how he could bring an element we do not have and then he never played.

now all of a sudden a fullback is important?

this staff has no idea what its doing. I really hope romo can do enough on his own to get us the east. he is not going to get much help from the guys on the sideline that is pretty clear.

Oh my..

That sig pic is a scream.

Looks like the drunk half-brother of the Evil Lord of the Sith.

Thanks.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Linebacker and corner are two positions where the team has solid talent and depth. If they could find a rangy safety, their back seven would be set for years.