News: Jerry Jones accuses Giants of faking injuries-PFT

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Jerry Jones accuses Giants of faking injuries
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 9, 2013, 10:22 AM EDT
350x-19.jpg
Reuters
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/09/jerry-jones-accuses-giants-of-faking-injuries/

Giants linebacker Dan Conner left last night’s game with what was described as a burner, and didn’t return.
But consider the Cowboys suspicious when defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins left on the next play, but returned after missing just one snap.
It just so happens that the Cowboys were trying to play at a faster tempo during that second quarter stretch, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones didn’t think it was a coincidence.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Totally fake. Collinsworth said it happens a lot in the NFL. o_O

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“I thought we got them moving a lot and got them pretty tired during that stretch,” Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo said. “They obviously had a bunch of injuries in that stretch. Tough break, I know. Seemed to come back pretty good after that though.”

Lol. I like Romo.

Reaction score
We shouldn't complain, we might be in the same boat when playing against Philthy with our razor thin DL rotation.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We shouldn't complain, we might be in the same boat when playing against Philthy with our razor thin DL rotation.

I'd say there's zero chance of us resorting to faking injuries. One thing I like about this current incarnation of the Cowboys is our respect for the game.
It's very possible we're gassed and getting taken advantage of by PHI, though. I'm really curious to see how they look tonight. One of the biggest potential surprises--one way or another--of this season, in my opinion.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I'd say there's zero chance of us resorting to faking injuries. One thing I like about this current incarnation of the Cowboys is our respect for the game.
It's very possible we're gassed and getting taken advantage of by PHI, though. I'm really curious to see how they look tonight. One of the biggest potential surprises--one way or another--of this season, in my opinion.
Right. Unlike the Giants, the Cowboys are a classy organization.

basstapp

Reaction score
I would like them to make a rule that you have to sit out for 5 minutes of gameplay if you go down with an injury. If it is bad enough then you should have no problem sitting on the bench. I think that is the only way to really solve the issue. They could always have a 2nd string guy fake an injury, but if you are running a no huddle than you should be able to exploit the mismatch.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Does it really matter? From what I saw of our hurry up offense last night, he could of laid there for 10 mins. Seriously, our no huddle offense is the slowest I have ever seen.

Reactions: BAT

Fredd

Reaction score
Jenkins was faking, no doubt, but most teams do this when needed...I complained when it happened, but realized quickly that it is part of the game...no way to stop it and I wouldn't be adverse to the Cowboys doing this if needed