Jerry Jones: Cowboys unlikely to use 17th pick for trade on a veteran, including Jamal Adams

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
All about the benjamins.

the cowboy way since 1995.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

This one of the very few times I'm giving one of those insiders ANY credit only because he actually quoted a direct source who has the say so in things with the Cowboys. This quote also states what I've been saying for weeks that I seriously doubt the Cowboys were going to trade away their 1st round pick.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So With all the draft speak double talk these teams do, can we actually believe Jerry on no trades.
For a star vet? :laugh:

I actually believe it, as it gives nothing away in draft strategies to say it is possible. So mostly likeLy no trades.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
But what was the trade, just to trade down? May not have been for Adams. Probably was not.

Did you even read the tweet. It said Jones wasn't trading #17 for a veteran player. Trading down isn't trading for a veteran player it's trading for a college player and I seriously doubt they do that either.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
its just stress testing. You put the system through the most vigorous scenario you can think of, even if you have no intention of actually trading

I know that, I was just saying that tweet was presented as if they were trading for a player. Not likely for a test run, but more like a trade down for more picks as the test.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you even read the tweet. It said Jones wasn't trading #17 for a veteran player. Trading down isn't trading for a veteran player it's trading for a college player and I seriously doubt they do that either.
yes I read it or else why would I comment. I don’t make crap up by not reading stuff.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This is simple. NY isnt looking to dump Adams.

They want MORE than a first. Maybe he is worth that and maybe he isnt...BUT...

As things stand NOW, NY cant do it for only a 1, and Dallas should not do it for more than a 1.

Also, as much as I like Adams, Dallas is more than one piece away. Build a bit more, then revisit this if they cant get a S high.

One thing everyone should have learned by now...6th round and journeyman currency back there isnt gonna get us to where we all want to be.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This one of the very few times I'm giving one of those insiders ANY credit only because he actually quoted a direct source who has the say so in things with the Cowboys. This quote also states what I've been saying for weeks that I seriously doubt the Cowboys were going to trade away their 1st round pick.
Odds are always low on this stuff but him saying that makes no real difference.
No one ever says hey we are looking to trade our pick for a veteran player.

If he does pull the trigger he'll spend the next 2 months holding Jamal Adams celebratory press conferences (virtual than physical) and patting himself on the back.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Odds are always low on this stuff but him saying that makes no real difference.
No one ever says hey we are looking to trade our pick for a veteran player.

If he does pull the trigger he'll spend the next 2 months holding Jamal Adams celebratory press conferences (virtual than physical) and patting himself on the back.

Or maybe, just maybe, Jones has zero interest in trading for Adams. Because you may want the trade to happen doesn't make it that Jones couldn't just be honest up front about it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No point in trading for a safety who isn’t a ball hawker and only has two career INT’s. Adams is holding out with the Jets looking to be the highest paid safety in the league at 15 million per. We would have to give up a high draft pick and then try and figure out a way to sign him. If he was a ball hawking safety I would be interested.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
my feeling is jerry didnt have a # 1 last year, so this year he wants one, that is big part of the excitement for him.
So he wont give that away.