Jerry Jones: Cowboys unlikely to use 17th pick for trade on a veteran, including Jamal Adams

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All about the benjamins.

the cowboy way since 1995.
The Cowboys spent plenty in a number of years after 1995, and that's what got them in a bind with the salary cap for many years.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Jerry has done a complete overhaul w/this franchise. Not only w/an entire new coaching staff, but releasing some dead weight as well.

Right now his priority is getting his franchise quarterback signed. Adams is too much $. That's why Byron was let go. There's nothing more to discuss pertaining to Adams. Moving on....

superonyx

Reaction score
The reality is a players value in a trade these days is directly tied to the amount of cap his salary will eat up.
I'm sure Jerry loves the idea of Adams. I'm sure Adams talent is worth a #1 pick.
I'm just not sure you trade a #1 pick for the rights to make someone the highest paid player at their position.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The reality is a players value in a trade these days is directly tied to the amount of cap his salary will eat up.
I'm sure Jerry loves the idea of Adams. I'm sure Adams talent is worth a #1 pick.
I'm just not sure you trade a #1 pick for the rights to make someone the highest paid player at their position.
As well as the loss of draft picks that could offset some of the high prices with high quality player at rookie prices.

I think most that claim they would trade whatever it takes for Adams ignore the need to manage the salary cap. It seems many refuse to acknowledge that there are considerations beyond simply the talent level of one player.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well while I'm happy to hear this........

....Jerry wouldn't show his hand. Right now Jamal Adams would cost a 1st and another pick. Maybe this is Jerry's way of getting the cost down. You never know.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good, it would have been like Cooper all over again. Trade the 1 and own the rights for 2 years then a huge payday or waste the pick.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The deal that the Jets FO wanted was never one that was conducive to making a trade, regardless of the fact that we wanted Adams.