News: Jerry Jones' grandson, friend injured in ATV accident

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
FORT WORTH — The grandson of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and a friend were injured in an ATV accident, according to multiple sources.

According to the sources, John Stephen Jones was reported to be in good condition; the friend — who is a gifted lacrossed player about to enter high school — was seriously injured.

The pair were injured Thursday night while riding an ATV on the Jones family ranch.

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/football/cowboys/Jerry-Jones-grandson-friend-injured-in--267705981.html

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
FORT WORTH — The grandson of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and a friend were injured in an ATV accident, according to multiple sources.

According to the sources, John Stephen Jones was reported to be in good condition; the friend — who is a gifted lacrossed player about to enter high school — was seriously injured.

The pair were injured Thursday night while riding an ATV on the Jones family ranch.

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/football/cowboys/Jerry-Jones-grandson-friend-injured-in--267705981.html

Glad they are relatively OK.

But I tell you whut: Nothing good ever come from riding a ATV.

Aside from being branded a yahoo, those who ride ruin the environment and then go an injure theyselves it seems all the time.
Stay away from ATV, for social and practical reason.

Your informational minute from gimmetheball!

(If i offended you ATV peeps, that is ok because I am looking out for you.)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Glad they made it out okay. There are a lot of 4-wheeler deaths involving kids/teens in rural areas. It is easy to get carried away on those things (fun times).

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Glad they made it out okay. There are a lot of 4-wheeler deaths involving kids/teens in rural areas. It is easy to get carried away on those things (fun times).

My neighbor lost his 12 year old son on one. Last ride of the day. Very sad.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes, some people will let really young kids drive those things.

It's gotten a lot better since they got away from the 3 wheelers and 4 wheelers became the standard. The 3 wheelers would catch a grove and you couldn't steer out of it.

Not wearing helmets is a big issue also.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yes, some people will let really young kids drive those things.

It's gotten a lot better since they got away from the 3 wheelers and 4 wheelers became the standard. The 3 wheelers would catch a grove and you couldn't steer out of it.

Not wearing helmets is a big issue also.

I never rode a 3 wheeler but regularly rode 4 wheelers with cousins since age 7 or 8 (helmets?). The vehicles even had the (No Under 14 or 16) stickers but different mentality out there. Cousins also handled guns regularly under 10 as well. Go deep into the woods to go "muddin" and of course any obstacle that looked dangerous on the way. It seems every time we hear from back home there is another kid that lost his life (usually involving alcohol and not wearing a helmet). It is a somewhat lawless territory in that manner.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never rode a 3 wheeler but regularly rode 4 wheelers with cousins since age 7 or 8 (helmets?). Go deep into the woods to go "muddin" and of course any obstacle that looked dangerous on the way. It seems every time we hear from back home there is another kid that lost his life (usually involving alcohol and not wearing a helmet). It is a somewhat lawless territory in that manner.

I had a friend that was in his twenties and was an experienced rider. He hit a grove in the path and slammed into a tree. Luckily only his shoulder hit the tree but he was just a couple of inches from his head hitting it.

I prefer dirt bikes. It's common to see little kids drive an adult 4-wheeler but you would never see them riding an adult dirt bike. The skill level required to ride a dirt bike prevents a lot of problems as compared to a 4 wheeler. I always wear a helmet. I once hit a low handing tree limb that would probably have killed me if I didn't have a helmet and I was not going all that fast.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I had a friend that was in his twenties and was an experienced rider. He hit a grove in the path and slammed into a tree. Luckily only his shoulder hit the tree but he was just a couple of inches from his head hitting it.

I prefer dirt bikes. It's common to see little kids drive an adult 4-wheeler but you would never see them riding an adult dirt bike. The skill level required to ride a dirt bike prevents a lot of problems as compared to a 4 wheeler. I always wear a helmet. I once hit a low handing tree limb that would probably have killed me if I didn't have a helmet and I was not going all that fast.

Interesting take and would agree in that 4-wheelers are almost too easy for a child to simply "pick up and ride" because there is minimal skill involved. Looking back, it would have been very easy for me as an amateur rider to have an ugly accident occur as you just described or even worse. I will give credit to the country boys in that they are much more mature/responsible with these "adult" vehicles or even weapons at such a young age.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting take and would agree in that 4-wheelers are almost too easy for a child to simply "pick up and ride" because there is minimal skill involved. Looking back, it would have been very easy for me as an amateur rider to have an ugly accident occur as you just described or even worse. I will give credit to the country boys in that they are much more mature/responsible with these "adult" vehicles or even weapons at such a young age.

Yes, I was a "country boy". I could just ride my dirt bike out of the garage and down behind the house at any time. I even used the tractor to build a track with jumps and berms.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yes, I was a "country boy". I could just ride my dirt bike out of the garage and down behind the house at any time. I even used the tractor to build a track with jumps and berms.

Term of endearment, definitely not meant to be a slight. My mother's side is West Virginia so I do heavily embrace/appreciate "most" aspects of rural culture.

Nation

Reaction score
Glad that he came out of it in good condition, I'll be needing to yell at that kid for mismanaging my teams roster in forty years