Jerry Jones is learning the hard way

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
HIS WAY DOESNT WORK.

1. You cannot hire a puppet coach (he got lucky with Switzer)
  2. You cannot buy a championship
  3. You cannot own and be a successful GM/meddler
  4. You cannot hire OC before HC
  5. You cannot pay OC to stay and make him Assistant HC
Bottom line: Jerry spent ALOT of money on players and he doesnt have the right guy to lead them. We have alot of players that constantly make stupid decisions/penalties.

sacase

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry has "learned" what you said.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
YoMick;2393393 said:
HIS WAY DOESNT WORK.

Bottom line: Jerry spent ALOT of money on players and he doesnt have the right guy to lead them. We have alot of players that constantly make stupid decisions/penalties.

You would almost think he and Dan Snyder swapped souls this year. Scary...

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
YoMick;2393393 said:
HIS WAY DOESNT WORK.

The day Jerry Jones learns is the day he will step aside as GM and president of football operations. So all in all, he will never learn!

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Good luck trying to Convince JErry. And yeah, he is not firing himself either.

utrunner07

Reaction score
YoMick;2393393 said:
HIS WAY DOESNT WORK.

NO. What is happening is this. The FANS are learning that Jerry's way does not work...to him he just is going to blame Wade, Garrett, etc. etc.

Warick

Reaction score
I don't think it is so much that he hasn't learned these lessons, he is just not going to give up control of this team. He wants to micro manage everything, and unless someone can force him to step aside, and that won't happen since it's his team, it will continue. He will always refer to the early 90s success as proof that his way can, and will work.

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score
Warick;2393472 said:
I don't think it is so much that he hasn't learned these lessons, he is just not going to give up control of this team. He wants to micro manage everything, and unless someone can force him to step aside, and that won't happen since it's his team, it will continue. He will always refer to the early 90s success as proof that his way can, and will work.

3 words:

Al DAVIS JR.:(

NinePointOh

Reaction score
YoMick;2393393 said:
You cannot buy a championship

He really hasn't tried that recently. We've got plenty of cap room. We drafted almost all of our stars. We picked up discarded players like Ken Hamlin, Marc Columbo, Zach Thomas, and Tank Johnson for cheap. And every year, fans complain that we didn't sign any big names in the offseason. Owens, Henry, and Davis are pretty much the only high-priced free agent acquisitions he's made.

With only a few exceptions, most of our highest paid players were guys we drafted and had to pay to keep after they had success. And we're still well under the salary cap.

Warick

Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2393482 said:
3 words:

Al DAVIS JR.:(

Possibly. I always wonder what kind of owner JJJr. would be, how he would run things, and the difference between him and pops.

It will be a LONG time before we find out.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2393465 said:
I remember when everyone was saying that Jerry had learned from his mistakes...

And it was the same crowd that said that if it were not for Scott Pioli, Jerry Jones should be GM of the Year.

I think you guys are pointing the finger at the wrong person.

Jerry Jones has stacked this team with talent and given Wade Phillips everything he needs to be successful.

Hell, I know Jerry Jones played ball at Arkansas but it isn't like he can suit up and play for them.

Also, I gotta laugh at the completely asinine comment about Wade Phillips being a puppet and Jerry Jones trying to buy a Super Bowl, when Wade Phillips was clearly brought here to fix the Defense and there was nobody else out there (unless you were a Norv guy) and alot of the players on our roster were drafted by us.

I would love to see what Bill B, Jeff Fisher and many other more compotent head coaches could do with this team, even with the injuries.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Forgot one:

6. You can't peddle your team as a Super Bowl contender on HBO no matter how much you (or your fans) want to.

Super Bowl teams earn Super Bowl victories. Well, unless you're the Steelers from a few seasons back that is...

Kangaroo

Reaction score
YoMick;2393393 said:
HIS WAY DOESNT WORK.

Indy Hired an OC before a Head Coach I am confused on that one

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score
Warick;2393505 said:
Possibly. I always wonder what kind of owner JJJr. would be, how he would run things, and the difference between him and pops.

It will be a LONG time before we find out.

I think Stephen is the one who will take over one of these decades. I have heard he's more hands off than Jerry, which will be nice!

Hank Johnson

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2393523 said:
Yeah all this is jerry faultll

it is... quit signing bums like tank johnson, pacman jones, terrell owens, etc and you wont be cursed.

tom landry is probably turning in his grave right now.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Kangaroo;2393540 said:
Indy Hired an OC before a Head Coach I am confused on that one

Its a proven fact that this has been done in other places, not sure why people keep using this as a strike against Jerry Jones.