Jerry Jones likes this team.

Jay

Reaction score
I stopped reading once I read you asking if Spencer was going to take Akin's spot.

Do you even watch football?

Tricky-22

Git R Done
Reaction score
Jay;1479448 said:
I stopped reading once I read you asking if Spencer was going to take Akin's spot.

Do you even watch football?

So your are saying that Ellis is done?

Or you are saying that Carp is a bust, because he is also considered an outside linebacker and isn't by his own admission, comfortable on the inside?

And finally, I told you that I was happy with the Spencer pick, I just want you to tell me who is going to be setting on the bench!

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Tricky-22;1479482 said:
And finally, I told you that I was happy with the Spencer pick, I just want you to tell me who is going to be setting on the bench!

No one will be, I think Ellis and Spencer will rotate because Ellis is coming off of an injury and Spencer will still be a rookie, a good situation for both of them. Does that answer your question?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Tricky-22;1479482 said:

Or you are saying that Carp is a bust, because he is also considered an outside linebacker and isn't by his own admission, comfortable on the inside?

Even if Ellis comes back full strength ...... he was drafted a decade ago and is 32 years old.

I do not believe Carp said he was uncomfortable on the inside ... he said he has not done it much .... but in the pro game his skills match inside linebacker better.

I think that Bill/Jerry/Jeff/ now Wade are building an elite unite of Linebackers like the league has never seen .....

Strong Fast athletes with a variety of skills ....... Do not be surprised if we take another Linebacker next year .....

Ware - Carp - ? - Spencer

We may be seeing the rise of a new type of defense .... then again maybe not ;)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
sago1;1479140 said:
Am tired of so many putting us down cause we question some of these picks and Jerry's judgement. I certainly have no problem with the Spencer trades/pick and even agree there wasn't much left for us in the 2nd round where we drafting so trading up for high 3rd/4th/6th rounds was a good move. I also liked the Marten pick (although I'd rather we had taken Doug Free), but fortunately we did take Free with our late 4th round pick , so we have significantly upgraded our OL. In fact Marten also played LG for 2 years for BC before he moved to LT so there a good chance Marten could also help out as a backup LG.

My problem is with the Standbough pick which is a big overreach. I doubt he can even make this team because somebody will have to be cut so we can carry 6 WRs. We lost a chance to add a player who could help us. As for Folk, Anderson, etc., they obviously won't make this team and we didn't use these picks early enough to move up when we could.

This draft will be judged by how well we use the Cleveland pick in 08 but a judgment must also be made on how we used our other picks and except for Spencer, Marten & Free with slim chance Folk contributes down the road the rest of our draft picks are a disaster.

BTW: Just heard we drafted CB Courtney Brown out of Cal Poly. Actually this is a good pick since he was viewed as a sleeper but can't remember which analyst identified him. But don't know whether this means he really has legit shot to become a good CB or just another Reeves/Jones clone.

Youre being ridiculed because you refuse to take a wait and see approach and are just making statement like this was a reach or this was a bda pick when you dont really know anything. Sorry we didnt pick Solai or whatever guy you wanted but Ill wait a year or two before passing judgement especially when there is much more information to be had before making any sort of conclusion.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Tricky-22;1479482 said:

Ellis tore his achilles and will be 33 this year. Kevin Smith and Takeo Spikes come to mind immediately.