Video: Jerry Jones made a 50 million dollar mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

conner01

Reaction score
I think his point is, the same can be said about paying a lot of money to veteran QB's (before they've won a SB).
Every team wants a stacked roster and a QB on a rookie deal but it’s more luck than skill when that happens
It’s just impossible to plan for
And even the best QB’s can’t win without guys around them
Getting all those things to come together at the same time is the reason winning a SB is so hard
But teams have won with rookies, and vets on top contracts
The key is having the other 52 to be a real complete team
Building every spot on the roster is so critical because QB’s don’t win SB, teams do and some of those guys are gonna be on second contracts but whether it’s a QB, DE or any other position, those decisions determine as much as anything how much success a team has along with good drafts to replace the guys you don’t give second contracts to

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I think his point is, the same can be said about paying a lot of money to veteran QB's (before they've won a SB).

If that's the case then you should be able to build a team with the draft and pay a journeyman qb a cheap contract and contend for a Super Bowl. But I don't see any teams like that out there. All the contenders have top 10 qbs. You either have to draft one or pay one (and they don't come cheap, for good reason).

phildadon86

Reaction score
@CATCH17 you are also on record saying that if we paid Dak we couldn’t fix the defense. I contended that with a defensive heavy draft Gregory coming back and Diggs in his second year with Dan Quinn we would have a decent above average defense. I’ll just wait for your response on this one. You’re losing legs to stand on faster than TWill crashed his scooter

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
emoji-boxing.gif

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
@CATCH17 you are also on record saying that if we paid Dak we couldn’t fix the defense. I contended that with a defensive heavy draft Gregory coming back and Diggs in his second year with Dan Quinn we would have a decent above average defense. I’ll just wait for your response on this one. You’re losing legs to stand on faster than TWill crashed his scooter

I knew we could get average defense if we just switched schemes.

Dallas did unbelievable in the draft and unbelievable with 1 year contracts.

But..

This is more of a big picture thing and not a 1 season thing.

For 1 season I predicted Dallas to do well and make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.