News: Jerry Jones Mindset: Bad news is good for business

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Reality TV completely destroyed about 65 percent of pro writers' careers.
That’s probably true . Especially for those who follow reality tv. If more followed pro writers we’d prob have better perspectives , more knowledgeable and balanced opinions.

The information access is awesome but it’s watered down overall. And not enough of the public choose wisely searching out the more informative and insightful perspectives instead choosing the easier one click away agenda driven rhetoric. It’s diluting our entire culture on all fronts. Sometimes more isn’t better.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hurt me.
Hurt many.
And now we have The Housewives of Who Gives-A-Shhhhhh and the Kardashians.

I can't say our art has advanced.

It's easier than ever to publish, but between the demise of print journalism and a reduction in demand for screenwriting, the day job is harder than ever to get.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Hurt me.
Hurt many.
And now we have The Housewives of Who Gives-A-Shhhhhh and the Kardashians.

I can't say our art has advanced.
I feel your pain, every time I see the reality morons making millions for selling out gives me nausea.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm glad I have what I have.
I'm already about to ride into my sunset, but I have three more things to get done.
I'm blessed.
Just dont ride off too far, and where lots of sunblock.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Just dont ride off too far, and where lots of sunblock.
Lol! I mean career-wise.
I'm about done.

I just want to travel and enjoy the planet with my wife before it goes the way of the Ronin.
Do all the stuff we want to do.
I want to fish in wild places for stuff like what you've caught!
She wants to see active volcanoes and eat exotic foods.
I want to eat yummy dishes also...
and learn how to make them.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Jerry Jones knows business and making money. He is pretty much correct in what he said. I only wish he knew and was as good at putting together a football roster and coaching staff that could make a deep playoff every few years. Most of us really know a precious few things and are really good at them. Our trouble comes when we THINK we know something but really do not. We almost always end up embarrassing ourselves at those things. That pretty sums up Jerry with business and football.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Has Jerry embraced the hate? Has he just decided it's best for the league for people to hate the Cowboys? He still sells out whether it's the home crowd or not.
That’s a reasonable assertion. He sees the value of everyone’s attention, positive or negative . And everyone’s money is green regardless what team you are supporting .

If we are wanting or attempting to deter his ways we are truly sending him the wrong message.

As long as the interest and revenue is there from whoever is providing it in whatever form , it’s enabling means to continue his ways of running Cowboys football regardless the results on the field.